H1B Premium Processing timeline California Service Center

mumbai2012

That's cool. Question for you: are you planning to wait for the hardcopy before you join the new employer?

My case is a little different. My H1 extension was denied after being 'in processing' for 13 months! I had this company (my current employer) who were ready to file for a transfer back in April but they wanted to wait till I got a decision back from my extension. Since that was denied, they filed for a new petition outside the cap, since I have had an H1 in the last 6 years. So for me, since my I-94 is expired, I need to head out of the country and get it stamped before I can start working.

What date did you get your approval? And have you got your approval notice in mail yet? Reason I ask is because I am looking to fly out asap and get the visa stamped... I wanted a timeline to understand when I could expect it in the mail.

My case is a little different. My H1 extension was denied after being 'in processing' for 13 months! I had this company (my current employer) who were ready to file for a transfer back in April but they wanted to wait till I got a decision back from my extension. Since that was denied, they filed for a new petition outside the cap, since I have had an H1 in the last 6 years. So for me, since my I-94 is expired, I need to head out of the country and get it stamped before I can start working.

What date did you get your approval? And have you got your approval notice in mail yet? Reason I ask is because I am looking to fly out asap and get the visa stamped... I wanted a timeline to understand when I could expect it in the mail.

My employer received an email notice of my H1B transfer approval on Wednesday, Aug. 15. Nine days and no official notice yet. I've always been in status and have a lot of time on my I94. But I've been reading about this I797B, so just paranoid! Joining the new employer next week.

My employer received an email notice of my H1B transfer approval on Wednesday, Aug. 15. Nine days and no official notice yet. I've always been in status and have a lot of time on my I94. But I've been reading about this I797B, so just paranoid! Joining the new employer next week.

The lawyers office received my approval notice today. They included a prepaid envelope along with the H1 petition when it was sent. I guess USCIS is faster when they do not have to spend money to mail the docs! :)

The lawyers office received my approval notice today. They included a prepaid envelope along with the H1 petition when it was sent. I guess USCIS is faster when they do not have to spend money to mail the docs! :)

Your petition got approved on Aug. 22 and you got the notice today. Two days? Are you in California or close by? I know it takes time for some people.

Your petition got approved on Aug. 22 and you got the notice today. Two days? Are you in California or close by? I know it takes time for some people.

No, I am in the midwest and the law firm is in MI. When they sent my package, they included a next day priority Fedex envelope for return shipping. Thats the reason why it came so quick. If USCIS were to be mailing it, they would do it slower.

Hi,

My H1 transfer petition is filed under premium processing on 17th Aug 2012 and its under Acceptance status now. Please share your experience and processing timings.

H1B Transfer

Application Received: Aug. 17, 2012

Current Status: Acceptance

God's grace, my petition was approved on 23, Aug 2012.

H1B Transfer

Application Received: Aug. 17, 2012

Current Status: Approved on 23, Aug 2012

Thanks and Good luck to everyone!

Here are my case details:

Filed my H1 on : 07/31/2012 ( COS from H4 to H1 , non-exempt)

Processing Type: Premium

Processing Center: California

Receipt Date : 08/02/2012

Received REF on : 08/14/2012

RFE Reason: Dependent related documents--> tax docs,pay stubs,Marriage certificate,employment verification document

RFE replied on : 08/20/2012

case updated RFE received date: 08/21/2012

Waiting for final decision.

Not sure what is the USCIS average response time on RFE for premium processing?

Is there anyone here in similar situation?

Here are my case details:

Filed my H1 on : 07/31/2012 ( COS from H4 to H1 , non-exempt)

Processing Type: Premium

Processing Center: California

Receipt Date : 08/02/2012

Received REF on : 08/14/2012

RFE Reason: Dependent related documents--> tax docs,pay stubs,Marriage certificate,employment verification document

RFE replied on : 08/20/2012

case updated RFE received date: 08/21/2012

Waiting for final decision.

Not sure what is the USCIS average response time on RFE for premium processing?

Is there anyone here in similar situation?

Case is still handled by pp. RFE resets the 15-day clock.

Have seen actuall response time of 3, 6, and 12 days from other postings. my gut feeling is a week or so being most likely.

Archived