Two Payroll for same Period from Different Employers

sandy.0581

Hi All,

I am on OPT till 09/31. And my H1B is approved for 3 yrs.

And I just got FT(full time) position in Client place where I used to work as a contractor.

Client changed my status as a FTE(full time employee) on July 30th and in my I-20 I had changed to the clients name but because of wrong (paper work)entry into the Client's system I got the payroll from 07/22 - 08/3. And they said once payroll is run they can't take back but they can reduce the amount from next pay check.

But till 07/29 on my I-20 my employer is XXX to whom I used to work with him as a contractor.

And the same time my old employer XXX also ran the payroll for the period 07/23 - 07/30.

That means I have 2 payrolls for this duration 07/23 - 07/27.

Is that a problem to get the double salary from 2 different employer for that period?

Is that gonna effect me anytime in future?

Is that gonna be a problem when the client should not run my payroll for that duration as he is not in USCIS system or my school database?

Please help me!!!!!

"Is that gonna be a problem when the client should not run my payroll for that duration as he is not in USCIS system or my school database?"

=>You got the point. You are not supposed to work for the employer/s not listed on I20.

By not reporting this mistake you are involving in a fraud. Stay away from this if you want to have a career in USA.

After accepting your FTE with client, you should have resigned from your previous employer.

If you have reported this mistake and resigned in written, still you get double salary, enjoy the extra income! But remember, they can ask this money back anytime from you.

"Is that gonna be a problem when the client should not run my payroll for that duration as he is not in USCIS system or my school database?"

=>You got the point. You are not supposed to work for the employer/s not listed on I20.

By not reporting this mistake you are involving in a fraud. Stay away from this if you want to have a career in USA.

After accepting your FTE with client, you should have resigned from your previous employer.

If you have reported this mistake and resigned in written, still you get double salary, enjoy the extra income! But remember, they can ask this money back anytime from you.

=> I already told my client about this and they said they will deduct the extra amount from my next paycheck.

But still they said they can't do anything with payroll right now.

But they said they will give me client letter If I need when I go for Stamping or any other time whenever it is necessary. Saying they did that mistake and they deducted the money from next paycheck.

Hopefully that letter might be helpful.

Though Thanks for reply.

Archived