GC Approved - Missed out to intimate Address Change for pending applications (I-485 for spouse)

bharathanv

Hi, I have a question on address change. My GC is thru my employment. When I moved to a different city, I updated USCIS of my address change. I was under the impression that my wife is also part of my I-485 application. I did not know that I had to submit a new AR-11 form for my wife's I-485 application. Now my GC is approved, as well as my wife's GC is approved. The address on my I-485 is the current address, but my wife's address is old address. The GC of my wife has gone to my old address. I got the tracking number from USCIS and got the message from USPS that the mail will be returned. I have submitted an online address change (AR-11) for my wife's application.

Do I have to submit a paper AR-11 to USCIS?

Can I attach a covering letter explaining my situation so that the USCIS officer may understand my situation and send the GC to the new address?

In the worst case, is my wife in trouble of not getting the GC?

Please help..

Thanks

No, you don't have to send a paper AR-11 to USCIS.

Updating the address by submitting AR-11 online will prompt the USCIS to send the GC to the new address and the status will change to "We sent the card directly to the address we have on file etc".

Just hang on for a week or two and they will resend the GC to the new address.

Archived