F1 visa to H1B

hellosrpm

Hi I am a PhD student and will be graduating in an year or so.I went for an interview and more likely I'll get this job. I graduated with MS(did MS under F1 visa) here and worked for3.5 years under H1b visa .Now I am a full time PhD student under F1 visa now. My question is can I go for a job before completing PhD? The company I went for an interview asked me tofill out a form where I am asked "Do you posses appropriate work authorization? Proof required prior being hired." What proof I can show? My EAD card after I got from MS degree has expired.

Thanks

I cannot advise you on how to complete the form, however you will need work authorization prior to beginning employment. That work authorization may take a few different forms, such as CPT/OPT regarding your PhD studies, H1B or J1. To discuss the options most suitable it is advisable to speak directly to a qualified U.S. immigration attorney. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Nonimmigrant Visa Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived