H1B VISA BACK WAGES FOR 10 Months

hideme

Hi,

I came to us on a student Visa after my study X company filed my h1 and it got approved but by that time I got my h1 approval I was already out of project. I was on bench since then and never got a single dollar paid or any benefit. I live in Chicago and my employer in NJ. Everytime I asked for salary or payslip I was threatened to revoke my h1. Recently I married my girl friend who was a citizen got GC and then I filed DOL complain to my employer. My empoyer didn't care much to find job for me. I responded to his every email and phone call and was available for any task or job. I do have lotS of email from him and me . I have LCA letter etc etc for proof. DOL they went for investigation. I dont understand why my employer have not yet terminated me. I don't know what will be their fight back strategy. Can anyone advice what should I expect? plz share ur knowledge and experience.

PS: I didnt want to be in h1 because I knew the benching and unpaid thing consultancy usually do but they promised me that they will always pay me which they lied. I have never asked for leave, vacation or anything. I never went to the company office but I was picking all the calls and responding to all the vendor until I filed the complain.

"I dont understand why my employer have not yet terminated me. I don't know what will be their fight back strategy. Can anyone advice what should I expect? plz share ur knowledge and experience."

=> They didn't terminate you because they would have to pay you one way ticket to your home country. Second, they were in a hope that someday you will get a project and they will milk you. Don't think much be in touch with DOL and if have enough money contact an attorney to take this case, this would be fast and you will have better update.

Archived