Canada Visitor Visa Application Question

brkh1b

Hi All,

I am planning to go for canda visitor Visa stamping to NY, I have question related to the form IMM5257

under DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA

If I select the purpose of the visit as H1B what i have to fill in the

Indicate how long you plan to stay :

Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) i will Visit:

Can you please answer.

Thanks.

under DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA--tourism/other(even though u go for stamping-not a big deal)

If I select the purpose of the visit as H1B what i have to fill in the

Indicate how long you plan to stay :depends when u want to go to can-put 1 week in oct/nov

Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) i will Visit:put N/A for all

I applied for a single entry Canadian TRV on Aug 6, 2012 at LA, and picked up my passport on Aug 7, 2012 (yday).

Being single entry (I guess), it's valid until June 2013. My H-1B is valid until Nov 2014 & My passport is valid until April 2022.

In my form, I indicated the following:

Purpose of Visit: "Other" - Tourism and H-1B Visa Stamping. (You can also select "Tourism" here)

Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit:

Name: United States Consulate General - Vancouver

Relationship: They'll stamp my H-1B visa, needed to return to USA

Address in Canada: <Address of the US Consulate General in Vancouver>

Hope this information helps.....

Hi imagine5,

Thanks for responding to my query, and also i have a question related to the bank statements, do i have to carry notarized copy of bank statement or can i submit the print out from my account, statement for the six months, because the place where i live there are no branches of that bank for 200 Miles, so i can't notarize the statement, I have the mail statements which i get every month, can i take the copy of it.

Can you please suggest

Thanks.

I had the same question and hence, I called my bank (BofA). They said they don't really provide notarized copies.

They can issue a summary of finances, which just states your average account balances for the last 3/6/12 months, for which they charge $10, and they can mail this document to you in 5-7 business days.

But, I think you can just print the monthly bank statements from your online account and carry them with you. It shouldn't be a problem.

Archived