DS160 saved and Visa appointment with diff consulate?

Blue_cap

Hi Frds,

I am deep confusion about visa bookiing date. Here is my issue:

First I filled the DS160 form by selecting CANADA, VANCOVER and fill 4pages and saved the copy to my system. With Appplication ID, I went to usvisa-info com Site & created the account by giving all the details, paid the application fee.

To book appointment date, I didn't find available dates in Vancover which I selected for DS 160 form.

I see the dates available in other cities.

Can I book appointment in different city if I selected diff consulate at starting page of DS160 form? I want to book in Calgary.

Please suggest me what I need to do?

Thanks

Hi Frds,

I am deep confusion about visa bookiing date. Here is my issue:

First I filled the DS160 form by selecting CANADA, VANCOVER and fill 4pages and saved the copy to my system. With Appplication ID, I went to usvisa-info com Site & created the account by giving all the details, paid the application fee.

To book appointment date, I didn't find available dates in Vancover which I selected for DS 160 form.

I see the dates available in other cities.

Can I book appointment in different city if I selected diff consulate at starting page of DS160 form? I want to book in Calgary.

Please suggest me what I need to do?

Thanks

You can,

Important information regarding where to schedule your visa interview

The first question on the DS-160 form asks where you will submit your application. Make sure that the city you pick is where you plan to schedule your visa interview. If the two cities do not match, you may experience delays on the day of your interview and you may have to complete a new DS-160 form.

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is very helpful for me. I think I need to fillup another DS160 with new consulate and update the application id in usvisa-info site and then book the slot.

I have questions on DS 160. After I select new consulate, is there any possibility retrieve old DS 160 information into new one. So that I can avoid fillup the form again?

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is very helpful for me. I think I need to fillup another DS160 with new consulate and update the application id in usvisa-info site and then book the slot.

I have questions on DS 160. After I select new consulate, is there any possibility retrieve old DS 160 information into new one. So that I can avoid fillup the form again?

Each DS form has unique id, you cannot simply add the data from one form to another.

Archived