H1B Visa Approved on July 30th at Vancouver

suresh16

The information provided is based on my experience and my knowledge only.

My friend and I had visa interviews on Monday July 30th at 9:30AM. Both (one H1B renewal, and other F1 to H1B) got APPROVED. We got the email they Loomis picked up the passport at Consulate on Tuesday July 31st around 6:10 PM and they said it is not ready for pickup. We will go and pick it up most probably tomorrow.

INTERVIEW:

We were in the line outside the consulate at 8:30AM. They didn’t ask what the time of the interview was (also did not ask for interview confirmation), they just checked the Passport, I797 and DS 160.

Please read the instruction those are given in the visa confirmation email and also on the website.

Especially this one: “The following items are not permitted in the Consular Section: cameras, tape recorders, pagers, cell phones, video cameras, radios, calculators, food and drink, computers, electronic car keys or actual and potential weapons including sharp or pointed items. Guards are required to search all bags, purses, backpacks and similar belongings prior to entry into the Consular Section. Any visitor who declines to be screened by Consular Section security personnel will be prohibited from entering the Consular Section.

Passport Photos:

Please carry two passport photos with you. Everyone was asked for passport photo at Counter-1. Counter 1 is where they verify your information and give you a number to wait for.

Important to note: For people who have eye glasses, please make sure there is no light reflection on the glasses. I had this problem and I had to take photos using the self serving photo booth available in the waiting area. It costs $10 (CAD), Canada dollars and credit card is accepted. US dollars are NOT accepted. I would strongly suggest to get Canada dollars, because I had issues with credit card, although it did work eventually.

Below are list of questions me and friend were posted during the interview. Sorry I don’t remember the exact order. We were waiting for more than 3 hours before we actually got our number. And also about 30 minutes waiting on the 20th floor. The total time was almost 4 hours, which I didn’t expect (might be a bad day). Another friend waited for 5 hours. After waiting was so long, I was hungry, dehydrated and dizzy. When the actual interview started, it didn’t feel like one. There were people sitting just behind me and chatting loudly. Even before I realized anything the interview was done. That is the reason why I don’t remember precisely.

1. What is your role? Or what you do for your company?

2. Do work directly with XXX Company? Do you have any end client?

3. How long have you been in this company?

4. How long have you been on H1B status?

5. How long have you been working for this company?

6. What degree do you have?

7. Was this degree is US?

8. Did you work in OPT?

I met another friend at the consulate and she said she got PIMS verification issue, which was expected because she booked the Interview 4 days before the appointment date. This might not be true always, it was just my guess.

My suggestion to people who have interviews in the future.

Get a good night sleep, eat some good breakfast, be at the consulate at least before 1 hour of appointment. Make sure not to carry anything other than a valet/purse and documents (folder). Use the washroom before going to 20th floor. The interview would be really easy; waiting is the tough part. J

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for your message. It was very useful for us.

I have few questions on your visa process.

1. What is the process for Canada visa?

2. How to get DD fee to send through mail? On which name need to take DD?

3. Do you know which documents H4 candidate need to fill for Canada visiting visa?

4. How many days took for you Canada visa through mail ?

5. Is US citizen child need visitor visa to Canada?

It is very urgent .If you send message fast it is very useful for us.

Thank you

The information provided is based on my experience and my knowledge only.

My friend and I had visa interviews on Monday July 30th at 9:30AM. Both (one H1B renewal, and other F1 to H1B) got APPROVED. We got the email they Loomis picked up the passport at Consulate on Tuesday July 31st around 6:10 PM and they said it is not ready for pickup. We will go and pick it up most probably tomorrow.

INTERVIEW:

We were in the line outside the consulate at 8:30AM. They didn’t ask what the time of the interview was (also did not ask for interview confirmation), they just checked the Passport, I797 and DS 160.

Please read the instruction those are given in the visa confirmation email and also on the website.

Especially this one: “The following items are not permitted in the Consular Section: cameras, tape recorders, pagers, cell phones, video cameras, radios, calculators, food and drink, computers, electronic car keys or actual and potential weapons including sharp or pointed items. Guards are required to search all bags, purses, backpacks and similar belongings prior to entry into the Consular Section. Any visitor who declines to be screened by Consular Section security personnel will be prohibited from entering the Consular Section.

Passport Photos:

Please carry two passport photos with you. Everyone was asked for passport photo at Counter-1. Counter 1 is where they verify your information and give you a number to wait for.

Important to note: For people who have eye glasses, please make sure there is no light reflection on the glasses. I had this problem and I had to take photos using the self serving photo booth available in the waiting area. It costs $10 (CAD), Canada dollars and credit card is accepted. US dollars are NOT accepted. I would strongly suggest to get Canada dollars, because I had issues with credit card, although it did work eventually.

Below are list of questions me and friend were posted during the interview. Sorry I don’t remember the exact order. We were waiting for more than 3 hours before we actually got our number. And also about 30 minutes waiting on the 20th floor. The total time was almost 4 hours, which I didn’t expect (might be a bad day). Another friend waited for 5 hours. After waiting was so long, I was hungry, dehydrated and dizzy. When the actual interview started, it didn’t feel like one. There were people sitting just behind me and chatting loudly. Even before I realized anything the interview was done. That is the reason why I don’t remember precisely.

1. What is your role? Or what you do for your company?

2. Do work directly with XXX Company? Do you have any end client?

3. How long have you been in this company?

4. How long have you been on H1B status?

5. How long have you been working for this company?

6. What degree do you have?

7. Was this degree is US?

8. Did you work in OPT?

I met another friend at the consulate and she said she got PIMS verification issue, which was expected because she booked the Interview 4 days before the appointment date. This might not be true always, it was just my guess.

My suggestion to people who have interviews in the future.

Get a good night sleep, eat some good breakfast, be at the consulate at least before 1 hour of appointment. Make sure not to carry anything other than a valet/purse and documents (folder). Use the washroom before going to 20th floor. The interview would be really easy; waiting is the tough part. J

Hi suresh ,

can you send me your mail addr. mine is immihelp12 #g mail

Archived