In person application for TRV at Los Angeles consulate

morgan1

Hi,

I am sorry for posting this question here, because this is related to US immigration not Canadian immigration.

My question is Can I submit In person application for TRV at Los Angeles consulate. which one is you suggest in person or mail application.

Thanks

You can submit in person if you need it before 45-60 days. I have mine submitted in mail to detroit and it took 35 days to comeback. If you dont stay near L.A you can even have a friend drop and pick it up. Just need to submit one extra form for release of dcoumnets to a third person.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#west

This website says that it takes 14 days to get Canadian TRV, if you apply by mail.

But, it seems there are more delays in processing by mail (esp. in Detroit & New York, not too sure about the delays in LA)

My friend (in Chicago) recently got his Canadian TRV from Detroit consulate in 32 days (he applied by mail).

I'm looking to get my Canadian TRV too, and I'm planning to visit LA in person within the next 1-2 weeks.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/los_angeles/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Walk-in Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 11:00am

Passport Pick-up Hours: Monday-Thursday, 2:30pm - 3:00pm (closed Friday afternoon)

Hope this information helps!

Hi All,

I am planning to submit the documents in person, but when they ask me to come and pick up mu passport, can I authorize my friend/relative to pick up?

Bcos, am flyin from atlanta to NY to submit the doc's, so i can submit them and incase they give my passport the same day or next business day, i can stay, but incase if it take more than 2business days, am plannin to ask either my friend/relative to pick up.

Will that be fine???

Thanks,

Dolly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am sorry for posting this question here, because this is related to US immigration not Canadian immigration.

My question is Can I submit In person application for TRV at Los Angeles consulate. which one is you suggest in person or mail application.

Thanks

Hi Blue_Cap,

Did you apply for your TRV yet or are you still planning to do so?

Please let me know as I am going to LA for the same reason on August 20th.

Thanks

Archived