H1B Reaffirmed - Mumbai

Vivekb333

Hi ,

I had my 1st h1b interview in mumbai on feb 2011 & VO issued a 221g yellow & i was asked to refer if my Ceac barcode number appears on mumbai website for pending applications

In April 2011 i rec'd a letter by post & email that Mumbai Consulate is sending my petition back to USCIS for further review & possible revocation & same was rec'd by USCIS in April 2011

My case was reaffirmed by USCIS in April 2012 & My employer rec'd original reaffirmed petition & send me the same

I had send a copy of reaffirmed petition to mumbai consulate & asked for further process ?

I had rec'd diff emails from VFS -mumbai

1. Check for Ceac barcode number on mumbai website daily for pending applications

2. To reschedule a new appointment with the mumbai embassy

3. Embassy will contact me once they rec'd reaffirmed petition from USCIS

I am in confused state & don't know wht to do ?

Today rec'd new emall from VFS -Mumbai

As per U.S. Consulate, a Consular Officer is currently reviewing your case. They will contact you after the review.

It is almost around 18 mnths ever after getting my petition reaffirmed & still waiting

Instead of waiting for the consulate to call me for interview Is it better i take a new appointment & new hdfc slip & attend interview in mumbai again ??

Pls Guys give suggestions ......

All I can say that Mumbai consulate is behaving very unprofessionally, I faced the similar type of attitude from them but in different case. Mostly they will never keep you inform with the actual facts. Where you have watied for 18 months, I would say let it be for few more days.

I do not see any point of what they are reviewing,.......................... no idea. Wish you a very and best of good to get a positive response.

Hi,

I would suggest you to ask your attorney or the Senator to get in touch with the Mumbai Consulate - With a copy of both the emails they replied to you.

Also write another fresh email to the vfs, with your re-affirmed petition copy attached & ask them what is the further process. Maybe you can get a reply - come for a re-interview. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,

I had my 1st h1b interview in mumbai on feb 2011 & VO issued a 221g yellow & i was asked to refer if my Ceac barcode number appears on mumbai website for pending applications

In April 2011 i rec'd a letter by post & email that Mumbai Consulate is sending my petition back to USCIS for further review & possible revocation & same was rec'd by USCIS in April 2011

My case was reaffirmed by USCIS in April 2012 & My employer rec'd original reaffirmed petition & send me the same

I had send a copy of reaffirmed petition to mumbai consulate & asked for further process ?

I had rec'd diff emails from VFS -mumbai

1. Check for Ceac barcode number on mumbai website daily for pending applications

2. To reschedule a new appointment with the mumbai embassy

3. Embassy will contact me once they rec'd reaffirmed petition from USCIS

I am in confused state & don't know wht to do ?

Today rec'd new emall from VFS -Mumbai

As per U.S. Consulate, a Consular Officer is currently reviewing your case. They will contact you after the review.

It is almost around 18 mnths ever after getting my petition reaffirmed & still waiting

Instead of waiting for the consulate to call me for interview Is it better i take a new appointment & new hdfc slip & attend interview in mumbai again ??

Pls Guys give suggestions ......

Hello Vivek,

i am also facing the similar problems, my h1b case pending since 20 sept 2010, almost 2 yrs past, VFS/Mumbai Consulate guys are useless and very unprofessional, we won't be able take any action against them that is the plus point they have.

thanks,

Ashok

Archived