Successful stamping @ Vancouver last week

cloud92k

- Call the credit card company and inform them of your travel plans. Capital one does not charge any international transaction fee.

- Add AT&T Canada plan prior to going to Canada. Also add Data Plan if applicable.

- Hotels Empire Landmark & Riviera are at a walkable distance to Consulate. Per day day cost is around 120+ tax. Riviera has kitchen too. There's an option of single or double beds for same price. Internet speed was very good at the lobby of Landmark hotel and was open to all.

- There's a desi hotel a block ahead - Taste of India. There's London Drugs another block away and its similar to CVS (can buy water, juices, toothpaste, bags, etc). Also 7-11 a block away on the other side (downhill).

- Taxi from Airport to Hotel costs around 40. Desi taxi drivers accept USD at 1 USD= 1 CAD

On day of interview, my appointment was at 10 and I reached at 08:15 and there was already a queue and I was out by 11:30.

- No back packs, USBs, RSA Tokens, mobiles allowed inside. Phone & Keys have to stored in locker downstairs. I bought a re-usable handbag from London Drugs for a couple bucks and used it hold my documents.

- Retain a CAD 10 dollar bill or two 5 dollars bills as the passport photo machine at embassy accepts only 5 dollar bills.

- Once let inside to first floor, they took my passport & I-797, asked couple of questions related to my case and handed me a token number. Then I went to waiting area. They again called me to handover my passport & I-797 after data entry. If the background of photo is not white, this is the time they'll let you know and you can get yourself one at the machine there if you've two 5 dollar bills. Else, you may have to go outside and search.

- I kept waiting until my number appeared on the board to go to top floor. Then I went to top floor and waited again for short time.

- At counter -3, they ten-printed me and asked to wait again.

- Finally I was called for interview. I handed the passport and I-797. Ready with docs & letters in other hand.

My case: EVC model.

VO: What company do you work for ?

VO: Where is it ?

VO: Where do you work ?

VO: Is your client location same as your employer's location ?

VO: Do you've a US masters ?

VO: Whats your prior company ?

VO: How long have you been in US ?

VO: Whats your role at work ?

I was pretty straight and brief in my answers.

Then the VO stopped for a while and kept on typing. Finally asked me to put my 4 fingers print on the machine. and told its approved.

VO took both my Passport and I-797.

Came down, collected phone from locker & left.

- Next day evening 6:40 PM local time, I got email stating my passport for picked up by Loomis. Loomis is only open from Monday to Friday. Its nearer to airport.

- Packed up and checked-out at hotel.

- Went to Loomis, picked up packet with passport and I-797. Make sure to carry your ID to loomis. Verified the dates on it. Left from there to airport.

Loomis Branch: Richmond

Loomis Branch Address:

101 5000 Miller Road

Richmond , BC

V7B1K6

- While returning by air, the port of entry took place at Vancouver itself. Similar questions again - who's your employer, job role.

-Make sure your job history is good and your employer is good. Be clear, confident and be up to the point.

All the best !! Hope it helps !!

- Call the credit card company and inform them of your travel plans. Capital one does not charge any international transaction fee.

- Add AT&T Canada plan prior to going to Canada. Also add Data Plan if applicable.

- Hotels Empire Landmark & Riviera are at a walkable distance to Consulate. Per day day cost is around 120+ tax. Riviera has kitchen too. There's an option of single or double beds for same price. Internet speed was very good at the lobby of Landmark hotel and was open to all.

- There's a desi hotel a block ahead - Taste of India. There's London Drugs another block away and its similar to CVS (can buy water, juices, toothpaste, bags, etc). Also 7-11 a block away on the other side (downhill).

- Taxi from Airport to Hotel costs around 40. Desi taxi drivers accept USD at 1 USD= 1 CAD

On day of interview, my appointment was at 10 and I reached at 08:15 and there was already a queue and I was out by 11:30.

- No back packs, USBs, RSA Tokens, mobiles allowed inside. Phone & Keys have to stored in locker downstairs. I bought a re-usable handbag from London Drugs for a couple bucks and used it hold my documents.

- Retain a CAD 10 dollar bill or two 5 dollars bills as the passport photo machine at embassy accepts only 5 dollar bills.

- Once let inside to first floor, they took my passport & I-797, asked couple of questions related to my case and handed me a token number. Then I went to waiting area. They again called me to handover my passport & I-797 after data entry. If the background of photo is not white, this is the time they'll let you know and you can get yourself one at the machine there if you've two 5 dollar bills. Else, you may have to go outside and search.

- I kept waiting until my number appeared on the board to go to top floor. Then I went to top floor and waited again for short time.

- Finally I was called for interview. I handed the passport and I-797. Ready with docs & letters in other hand.

Then the VO stopped for a while and kept on typing. Finally asked me to put my 4 fingers print on the machine. and told its approved.

- Next day evening 6:40 PM local time, I got email stating my passport for picked up by Loomis. Loomis is only open from Monday to Friday. Its nearer to airport.

- Went to Loomis, picked up packet with passport and I-797. Make sure to carry your ID to loomis. Verified the dates on it. Left from there to airport.

Loomis Branch Address:

101 5000 Miller Road

Richmond , BC

V7B1K6

- While returning by air, the port of entry took place at Vancouver itself. Similar questions again - who's your employer, job role.

-Make sure your job history is good and your employer is good. Be clear, confident and be up to the point.

Hi,

Congrats on your visa. Can I have your email id I had some doubts. I will be thankful if you can guide me in clarifying those or just send a test mail to y2me207@gmail.com

Loomis Branch Address:

101 5000 Miller Road

Richmond , BC

V7B1K6

Thank for your post, very helpful

Archived