Indian citizen residing in US / A resident of India

krothhe

I understand this question has been brought up earlier, but my case is slightly different and wanted to make sure I am going through the right process.

My H1B extension has been denied, so I left US within 5 weeks of the denial and am back in India for the past 2 months. Now I have received the VISA and am hoping to attend the interview. There are two points I am concerned about.

1. Should I select the option Indian citizen residing in US or A resident of India/Bhutan. I left

2. In the I-129 application, the consulate I will attending the interview has been entered as Hyderabad but can I opt for another consulate.

Appreciate the help.

I understand this question has been brought up earlier, but my case is slightly different and wanted to make sure I am going through the right process.

My H1B extension has been denied, so I left US within 5 weeks of the denial and am back in India for the past 2 months. Now I have received the VISA and am hoping to attend the interview. There are two points I am concerned about.

1. Should I select the option Indian citizen residing in US or A resident of India/Bhutan. I left

2. In the I-129 application, the consulate I will attending the interview has been entered as Hyderabad but can I opt for another consulate.

Appreciate the help.

Currently you are in India I guess. So it should be in India.

About going to other consulate, you can go but every consulate will have all the information about you, second if you have valid reason for going to other consulate.

All the best

Thank you guys.. Initially I thought the same and would fall under a resident of India/Bhutan. When I chose that option it states, you have to select the state where you have stayed for at least 6 months. I reached out to the help desk, who indicated I should select Indian citizen resident in US.

I also read an article that defines this categories. Though I unable to find it again, it goes something similar to this. The country you have been residing is where you have completed your latest 6 months of stay.

Archived