Successful H1B visa stamping in chennai

suresh_k

Appointment date : July 23rd

Employment type : Full Time (Investment Bank)

Questions Asked : I797, LCA , project description , salary , where do you live.

Verdict : Visa approved

Passport received : July 26th by courier , delivered in Hyderabad.

Moral of story : If you have all documents no need to worry and plan on enjoying your brief stay in India.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is any pattern, ratio or partiality towards granting a visa or rejecting them on any grounds. Consulars base their decisions only on facts and facts are determined based on the information you present. There are a lot of literate id**ts who have no idea about Immigration and H1 rules. Highly educated but don't have time to be aware of the rules. Adding to it, everyone wanted to hear one story. "Stood in front of the consular, Consular asked no questions and said visa approved". If you have a case where you have the opportunity to qualify yourself for a visa, then why not?

I would advice only one point, as I been to the consulate thrice and twice on EVC model and been successful. Be confident, polite and professional. Learn to smile (we are all humans) and talk to the consular's eye. You should be good. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

@suresh_k,

Could you please lemme kow whether your case is filed with any client letter or internal project. Mine is internal project filed by a consulting company based out in NJ and I am planning to make appointment with chennai consulate some time in 3rd week of septermber for H1B stamping. Please share your thoughts if it would be fine to choose chennai consulate. I am in dilemma whether to go to hyderabad or chennai, I am residing in hyderabad though.

Appointment date : July 23rd

Employment type : Full Time (Investment Bank)

Questions Asked : I797, LCA , project description , salary , where do you live.

Verdict : Visa approved

Passport received : July 26th by courier , delivered in Hyderabad.

Moral of story : If you have all documents no need to worry and plan on enjoying your brief stay in India.

Archived