H1B CANDIDATE AS EMPLOYER AND H1 SPOUSE EMPLOYEE

dhirai

I knew a H1B employee can be a partner in a company other than where his/her H1 was sponsored. I am wondering, Is it allowed to get H1 sponsorship for his/her spouse from the company where his/her spouse (also in H1) is a partner?

I would appreciate a response from any experienced folks on this situation or experts from Murthy Law Firm.

Thanks in advance.

he can be a passive investor .. he can not do any work for other than H1 sponsor company ..

it is allowed to get H1 sponsorship for his/her spouse from the company where his/her spouse (also in H1) is a partner

​check with experienced attorney .. spouse work should be controlled by somebody ..

If H4 can put some money into a business, let's say that business is running with good profits. Can H4 share that profit?

If the business decides to give out dividends, all investors, including people on H4, can of course get such dividends.

And they of course have to be declared on the tax returns.

It is simply an investment, and the investment can have returns. It is just like investing in the stock market. If a person buys stock of, say, Microsoft, and Microsoft gives out dividends, the person can of course get such dividends.

If the business decides to give out dividends, all investors, including people on H4, can of course get such dividends.

And they of course have to be declared on the tax returns.

It is simply an investment, and the investment can have returns. It is just like investing in the stock market. If a person buys stock of, say, Microsoft, and Microsoft gives out dividends, the person can of course get such dividends.

So H4 can't work, but can invest.

Archived