Form I -797 has first name - FNU (No Name Given ) for Visa Stamping

maroofrashid01

Hi ,

I am planning to go to India to get my Visa Stamped for my new company in the month of December 2012 .

However , in the I-797 form , my First Name has been updated as "No Name Given" and Last Name as as my complete name .

My company's immigration department has responded back stating that the reason for the form I-129 being filled up that way, is that full name appears in my passport as the given name and the line for my surname is blank .

I had reached out to the Indian Consulate today in Chicago regarding this , and they have recommended me to apply for a new passport , which will have my first name and last name listed separately .

This process will take one day and will be provided to me by the end of a Business working day .

View Auto Saved Content (22 July 2012 - 03:59 PM)

However ,now If I apply for a new passport with the corrected first and last name ,

- How will the new passport number information be tied to the Form I-797 , for my Visa Stamping process ? The I- 797 has my previous passport information updated in the form. This new passport information should be available , so that my Visa is stamped in the new passport (With the corrected name ) and not the old passport as provided in during the application of the I-797 form .

Could you please help with this and let me know the steps that need to be taken ?

Would appreciate your help and inputs !

Thanks,

Maroof

Archived