Canada visting visa in LA & Check Money Order status

lovely

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently located in FL & applied for a Canadian visa in LA Consulate based on this message from their website http://www.cic.gc.ca...los-angeles.asp.

It says that "Important message: The Visa and Immigration Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo, New York, is closed and visa services have been transferred across the North American processing network."

I was a little skeptical as LA cousulate does not deal with applications from FL and they would be dealt based out of Buffalo,NY.

1. Did I do the right thing?

2. How do we check the status of Money Order? Application recieved by them on 06/27/2012.

In my Canadian visa application I've stated the reason as "OTHER" for entering Canada and i.e. "Visa interview at US Embassy in Canada", Since I do not know anyone there I've used a local motel address & the dates that I mentioned in my application are now history due to the delay.

3. Would the date be an issue now & I need to send a new application?

4. How long do I need to wait as it has been more than 3 weeks?

5. Which location do you all suggest as I'm thinking of Toronto or Quebec as Vancouver is too far?

Feel free to send me any questions you have or need more information.

Thanks in advance

Lovely

Hi,

Regarding Canadian visa: I got a reply in 43 days. Some of the guys in this forum received in about 40 days. So you can expect yours around that time.

As far as my understanding goes, we already paid for the money order, so there is no status checking. If I am wrong somebody please correct.

2. How do we check the status of Money Order? Application recieved by them on 06/27/2012.

If you are desperate to know whether you MO is deposited or not. Call the bank and ask whether the MO has been deposited or not, but they charge you for this service.

These days, Canadian visitor processing is getting delayed for some reasons. I say wait for some more time.

Archived