Pink Slip 221 G Query-Adminstrative Processing- Original Documetns retained

hussain2012

Dear All,

I have attended personal interview on 12th July 2012, during the interview . VO Asked few questions about Project, Education and Past Experience. Later on VO officer handed over DS-158 form to fill up personal, Educational, Height, Weight, Family details and Past Experience Details.

VO (Lady) : She take out DS-158 form, asked to go behind and fill up details.

My Self : I filled up all my personal details (Height , Weight , Identification Marks), Family Details (Name

,Address, Age, Contact Numbers and Relationship), References and Previous Work History.

1. Indian Guy called my name from other counter

Myself : I showed the DS-158 form and asked is their any problem, he said nothing its administrative

processing . Informed to fill all the details of family members and work history as well.

2. Another Indian Guy called my name from other counter

Asked How do you know this employer , Source of Job, How many rounds of interview, Interviewer Names, and contact numbers, Proof of interview, Project Documents, 2 Years Tax Returns Copies, and handed over 221G Pink Slip with marked Petitioner Documents. Informed to submit these documents along with passport.

Worried Part

Indian Guy : He took all my original certificates (Educational Certificates, Experience Certificates, Petitioner Documents and all other relevant documents.)

Myself : Sir Its my original certificates why are you taking this.

Indian Guy : He said its require for their administrative processing.

Myself : I asked at least give some written confirmation for custody of certificates, he said not required.

Did any one come across such experience and got the visa and how long, will it take to get resolution.

What they will they will do with original certificates ?

When I can get back my original certificates ?

Pls. revert at the earliest for further course of action.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

Any updates on your 221G cases?

I had one back in 2007(took 9 months to clear) and have not been to India since 2008. I am planning on going later this year and wanted to gauge the situation?

Thanks.

You will get back all your original documents. Did you happen to submit all the additional documents you were asked..?

The time frame is not fixed AFAIK, I got a 221G with no documents asked and waiting for 2 months now.

Hopefully you will get it soon.

Archived