Need advice: H1B transfer from Full time to Consulting

mujikk

Hi All,

I am a Mechanical Engineer working full time from the last 5years. My current employer will not sponsor my green card and they advised me to start looking for jobs. I wanted to change the jobs after completing my MBA(part-time). But after graduating with MBA in Finance & Marketing, I searched for jobs but did not get a job who will apply for green card in EB-2. In the mean while I started learning SAP FICO and I am almost to the end of the training.

My manager is pushing me to find a job in the next few weeks. Should I wait to get a full time offer or should I shift to consulting. Will I have stamping issues as I changed from full time to consulting?

Also I am not satisfied with full time jobs as they are not in a good location and the pay is low(less than $60K).

Please advice me what to do.

Thanks a lot for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

mujikk,

C'mon....you are looking for everything here.

Now-a-days it is very difficult to get stamping if you happen to go out of USA and working for a small company (say some consultancy and not end client or do not have direct relationship with the end client)....

First get good job since you need to move soon..either full time with good employer who can process GC or long term contract thru consultancy if you want more money...but can not expect both.

Agree???

Archived