Reply from canadian consulate Detroit, finally!!!!!!

saxena638

Finally after 43 days I heard back from Detroit consulate. They rejected my visa application!!!! Reasons, not happy (a) with my immigration status, (b) my employment status. They said I should reapply only when my situation changes considerably.

I was on J1 from 2005 to 2010, then H1 from 2010 to 2011 and new H1 from 2011 to 2014. My passport had my first J1 which expired long time ago. I was not outside of US since 2005. This may be the first 'red flag.' I had stated that my reason to go to Canada was tourism, which is true. I was planning to drive from US rockies (Glacier national park) to Canadian rockies (Jasper national park) and back. Since I had a change of status (COS) in the US, lot of people think that I am not eligible for 'automatic revalidation.' Even my international office thought so. But I am!!!! I have letter from Customs and Border patrol, information from their website and information from US Department of state foreign affairs manual, volume 9-visas, which states that COS people are eligible for revalidation if they return within the 30 day period. This confusion may be the second 'red flag.' Anyways, I am not that bothered, only my $85/- went down the drain. And my two beautiful photos.

Application details:

I applied on 4th June. Included all the forms they wanted, photos, PPs, original I797A (valid upto Aug 31, 2014), bank statement, homeowner ship papers, tentative travel itinerary with places and days where I plan to stay, my appointment letter (which was upto Aug, 31, 2013. May be I should have used the one which corresponded to I797A, misstep from my part) and self addressed stamped cover.

They received it on June 6th. I got my packet back on July 19th, the rejection letter was dated July 11th.

I believe everyone in this forum is going for a visa stamp and their situation/reason may be different/better than mine. So don’t have to worry. Best of luck.

Saxena

PS. If anyone thinks there was a better way that I should have applied, I am curious to know.

@saxena, thank you for sharing the info on the TRV application. I applied on 6/18/2012, and my present i-94 expires on 8/6/2012, and havent heard back from the Detroit consulate yet. I was very worried, but after seeing your post i have hopes that I should be getting the package back by 8/1/2012, counting approx. 43 days. Thank you very much.

I see the following update under Detroit, Seattle and New york Canada visa consulate site:

"As of June 18, 2012, the visa office in Detroit will no longer accept Temporary Resident Permit, Rehabilitation or Authorization to Return to Canada applications. Applications sent by mail, postmarked after June 18, 2012, and received at the visa office in Detroit will be returned to the applicant."

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

What does it mean??? They no more accepting the petitions by mail sent after June18, 2012???

Can any one please clarify.

Thank you.

Srinivas 27:

LA and NY consulate are accepting in person application. You will have to send by mail to other consulates (not DC). 'Temporary resident visa' is the one you want for H1b stamping. Temporary resident permit is different.

Try to apply in person. By mail will take around forty days or even more.

Srinivas 27:

LA and NY consulate are accepting in person application. You will have to send by mail to other consulates (not DC). 'Temporary resident visa' is the one you want for H1b stamping. Temporary resident permit is different.

Try to apply in person. By mail will take around forty days or even more.

thanks much saxena... I got confused between trp with trv..... Will go to New york soon... :)

Archived