In Person for TRV canada!! H1B visa

Priya_sudha

Hello Dear Friends,

Hope all are doing fine by the grace of God.

I have a quick question regards to H1B visa stamping to Canada.

i finished my 6 Yrs of H1B and based on I-140 I got my H1B extension for 3 yrs till 2015.

I did my bachelors in INDIA and came to USA on H1B - Mean to say I didn't do my Masters .

I am planning to go for H1B stamping in CANADA - Don't know which consulate yet But before that I need to have TRAVELLERS VISA - TRV .Wondering how I can get it - Is any consulate in USA providing IN PERSON to get on same day . I don't want to take risk by sending through mail .

For TRV - What all documentation I need to have . Pls guide me .

Thanks all your help in clarifying my queries so far .

All Yours

Priay !! :)

We can get TRV from the following Canada consulates in USA:

1. Los Angeles 2. Detroit 3. Seattle 4. New york

But, the problem is they not accepting in-person petitions anymore.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

same case with Detroit and new-york. I am not sure with Los angeles as i don't see any updates in site saying no petitions will be accepted in-person etc like stuff.... so, i think Los-angeles consulate is still accepting in-person petitions. (This too i think).

Also there is a strange statement under Seattle, Detroit and New york sites:

"As of June 18, 2012, the visa office in Seattle will no longer accept Temporary Resident Permit, Rehabilitation or Authorization to Return to Canada applications. Applications sent by mail, postmarked after June 18, 2012, and received at the visa office in Seattle will be returned to the applicant." - copied from Seattle Canada consulate site.

In my understanding they are rejecting even the petitions sent by mail after June 18, 2012... If am not wrong...

Even am bit too concerned as me also planning to get the Temporary Resident Visa.

This was the research done by me from past few days. So am sharing it here... If any one have submitted petitions by mail after June 18, 2012 and got accepted, can you please post your reviews here...

Thank you....

I submitted the application and all the supporting documents to Canadian Consulate in New York on July 16 (Monday) for TRV visitor visa. They asked me to come back on July 19 (Thursday) to pick up the passport. It seems they are taking 2 days. Also, they are closed on Wednesday afternoon; so, it took 3 days. Plan accordingly if you are flying from somewhere else to submit in-person.

Hi ImmiShare,

Can you please let me know what is the reason you mentioned for the purpose of visit to Canada. And also am staying in Atlanta and planning to go and apply in person at the NY consulate for the TRV visa.

But am hearing they are not accepting in person applications, but with your post, I can figure out that they are accepting the applications. Happy to read ur post. hope i get mine too.....:)

prettydolly,

I mentioned the following details in DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA section:

1] (a) Other (b) H1B Visa Stamping Renewal from US Consulate

I, also, submitted a letter from my employer to confirm my employment. I had my employer send me a new one dated July 9th. They will return all the supporting documents back to you. They only kept application forms. Not sure if they scan or not. Also, I submitted original I-797s and I-94s along with passport. Let me know if you have any more questions, I will be more than happy to help.

Here is the complete list of documents I submitted:

Form IMM 5257 (Application for Temporary Resident Visa)

Form IMM 5645 (Family Information)

Form IMM 5257 –Schedule 1

Two passport size photos

Visa fee ($150 for multiple entry)

Original (Current) valid passport (Original I-94s attached)

supporting documents -

o Copy of US Visas (i have visas in old expired passport, so gave copy of visas)

o Copy of old passport bio-data and visa pages (if applicable)

o Original I-797s (current and extended)

o Original I-94s (POE I-94 and extended I-94 came with I-797)

o Employment letter

o Last 3 month’s bank statements

o Last 3 month’s pay slips

o Visa appointment letter from US Consulate as a proof of purpose of travel

o Return trip ticket and travel itinerary

o Letter from current employer which says I am currently employed and allowed to take time off to go to Canada to renew my H1B visa stamp.

Hope this helps!!!

Again struck! ImmiShare, you mentioned that you have taken "Letter from current employer which says I am currently employed and allowed to take time off to go to Canada to renew my H1B visa stamp" this letter from your employer and also "Return trip ticket and travel itinerary".

1st of all, my employer will not provide something like this letter, stating i would go for stamping to Canada

2ndly, is it mandatory to book the travel ticket to Canada, for the application submission too (when i submit them at the NY consulate for TRV) ?

Please let me know....

Thanks,

Dolly

Dolly,

About the letter from employer, the link below mentions "Proof of current employment, such as a letter from your employer"; so, as long as the letter says you are currently employed, it should be good enough.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/52_1_eng.pdf

The above link also mentions "Explain the purpose of your trip - details of your itinerary in Canada, provisional travel arrangements (airline or hotel booking), letter of invitation from the person or business you will visit, registration at a conference, letter from your employer (as applicable)"; so, I THINK H1B Visa Appointment confirmation/letter from US consulate should be good enough to prove your purpose of visit to Canada since that could serve as a letter of invitation from business you will visit.

Besides, they are asking for only provisional travel arrangements, so you can just block a ticket and get the details..you don't have to purchase it right away. However, you can do that through travel agents only.

You may want to read other forums and see if anybody has got Canadian Visa without H1B visa appointment confirmation/letter from US Consulate and/or travel itinerary details.

- ImmiShare

Archived