Want to go Canada for H1 B Stamping but never gone outside of US in last 4 Year

pratikny1287

Hello All, Wanted to know suggestions from you guys.

i came to US on F1 Visa on Aug,2008 & work on OPT for 1 year , then after i converted my F1 visa to H1 B in Oct,2010. but during these 4 years i never gone outside of US.

so my question is that does this creates issues when i go for H1 B Stamping at Calgary/Winnipeg Embassy in canada ?

your response will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

Hello All, Wanted to know suggestions from you guys.

i came to US on F1 Visa on Aug,2008 & work on OPT for 1 year , then after i converted my F1 visa to H1 B in Oct,2010. but during these 4 years i never gone outside of US.

so my question is that does this creates issues when i go for H1 B Stamping at Calgary/Winnipeg Embassy in canada ?

your response will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

No issues...you can go to Canada.

Yes, you can go to Canada for stamping.

I know a few people personally that had not crossed the country for almost 4 and half years and went to canada last year and got the visa stamped.

I myself am going. So it should be ok..

I am a newbie too, but you should wait for some more people to answer your question.

Well , the Questions which VO can ask like why you had not visited home country in 4 year ? what was the reason ? also VO might think that i don't have a any tie to my home country.Also , he VO can ask that why you are not going to home country for Stamping & why canada ?

so these are the set of questions are popping up in mind.

I do not see any problem here. You have US education so you are eligible to go to canada for stamping. what kind of issues are you thinking off would occur?

@naveena08 - Is it compulsory to have US Education to goto Canada for visa stamping...? I have been working in US for nearly 1.5 years now and in worked for nearly 2years in 2006. In the last 6 months i am working on H1b but the rest have been on L1. How good is it for me to goto Canada for stamping?

@naveena08 - Is it compulsory to have US Education to goto Canada for visa stamping...? I have been working in US for nearly 1.5 years now and in worked for nearly 2years in 2006. In the last 6 months i am working on H1b but the rest have been on L1. How good is it for me to goto Canada for stamping?

You should have US education if you want to go to Canada for visa. I am not sure what's the req for extension visa.

If it Renewal from H1-H1 you can goto canda...but if it is COSCanad i.e.,(L1-H1 or B1-H1 or H4-H1 etc.,) and if you dont have MS Degree in US it has to be done in Home Country...

During the last week of May-first week of June there was a post in this forum where a person mentioned he came to US on L1, converted to H1 and got his visa stamped in Canada. He did not have his education in US. So you can go to Canada even without having studied in the US. But if they put you in administrative processing, they will have a tough time verifying your credentials from home country and the process may be delayed.

Archived