Hi

I got my Labor approved a month back and applied for I-140 I was checking about I-140 to see if its needed to go with premium processing.

The question here is I applied for GC under EB2 last yr April and I got it approved last month and I applied for 140 and waiting on it.

Is the priority date will be date I applied for GC/PERM-Last yr April or will it be time I got Labor/PERM approved or will it be the date I get 140 approved.

If dates become current(say till April2011)and 140 is not approved Can I go for it (485/EAD) or wait till 140 is approved.

Is it better to go with premium processing for 140 and have it approved in quicktime.

Thanks,

Siddhu

"I applied for GC under EB2 last yr April and I got it approved last month and I applied for 140 and waiting on it."

This statement does not make sense as the process is the employer (i) files a PERM labor certification application, then when that is approved they (ii) file a I-140 petition, and then when that is approved and the priority date is current (iii) file a I-485 for a permanent residency visa (green card). I assume you meant "LC" not "GC".

In answer to your questions ...

Your priority date (PD) is the date the PERM labor certification application was filed with the Department of Labor (DoL).

Unless you need an approved I-140 for an H-1B extension beyond 6 years there is not a lot of value in paying for premium processing (and should your priority date become current, which is probably not that likely, I think an I-485 can be filed while the I-140 is pending). Be patient and let the regular processing take its time, and save your money.

Archived