Reply from Detroit Consulate regarding TRV

visastamping777

hi,

I have applied for Canadian Visiting Visa on June 11th. Its been a month now and I didn't receive it, so, I wrote an email couple of days ago to the detroit consulate asking the reason for the delay and requesting them for a possible way to expedite the processing.

I wrote the email to this email id:dtrot@international.gc.ca

But the email has been directed to another person in the consulate and he replied me to forward my request to a different email id:cicdetroit@international.gc.ca . Also, he mentioned: If you have a file number, please show it on the subject line of your message.

I was wondering what this file number could be. While I was filling the application, it generated a bar code while validating it, so my doubt is whether we need to attach that or is there any other number which is denoted as file number.

Can anyone enlighten me regarding this?

Thanks,

hi,

I have applied for Canadian Visiting Visa on June 11th. Its been a month now and I didn't receive it, so, I wrote an email couple of days ago to the detroit consulate asking the reason for the delay and requesting them for a possible way to expedite the processing.

I wrote the email to this email id:dtrot@international.gc.ca

But the email has been directed to another person in the consulate and he replied me to forward my request to a different email id:cicdetroit@international.gc.ca . Also, he mentioned: If you have a file number, please show it on the subject line of your message.

I was wondering what this file number could be. While I was filling the application, it generated a bar code while validating it, so my doubt is whether we need to attach that or is there any other number which is denoted as file number.

Can anyone enlighten me regarding this?

Thanks,

Actual processing times are 1 month -90 days depending upon the number of applications every consulate receives(thats y consulates asks applicants to apply 90 days before they need the visa).They may not reply to you until Sep 11th(90day period).The case number might be for a different kind of visa to which they are supposed to give status update to the applicant.

Archived