Reaffirmed, Can I attend in Different Consulate??

DontWorryBeHappy

My case details:

Consulate: Hyderabad

Interview date: 31-Oct-2011 - EVC model, submitted client & vendor letters

221(g) White Denial: 03-Nov-2011 - No docs asked

USCIS received: 27-Dec-2011

USCIS reaffirmed: 31-Jan-2012 - No RFE/NOIR/NOID

It's been more that 5.5 months my case got reaffirmed. I have been contacting Hyderabad consulate for re-interview since then but always I am getting the same reply saying my reaffirmation status is not updated in PIMS..

Can I schedule a new appointment in Chennai consulate and appear for interview with reaffirmed petition as I have no success with Hyderabad consulate?

I would appreciate sharing your experiences/suggestions in the similar situations. Thank you..

I dont think it would be wise for you to schedule a new appointment and go for another interview. They would probably issue another 221(g), saying your re-affirmed petition is not yet updated in PIMS. I suggest you just wait until your petiton is updated in PIMS. This process generally takes long time, but you have to have patience. By the way, that was a very quick turnaround in your case. Your petition was reaffirmed in a month. USCIS generally takes a long time for reaffirming. Anywayz, all the best and have patience.

@DontWorryBeHappy better go with that option.It would make VO realize understand the situation.Otherwise if its thru VFS they may reply the same email without even contacting consulate.If you go for a new schedule and attend interview worst case if they give 221g for PIMS update that should be fine since anyways you are waiting but that whould give a note to DOS to update that in 2-3 weeks a s a follow up.That whould a better solution I guess.But go with a full documentation in worst case

Hi ,

I had my 1st h1b interview in mumbai on feb 2011 & VO issued a 221g yellow & i was asked to refer if my Ceac barcode number appears on mumbai website for pending applications

In April 2011 i rec'd a letter by post & email that Mumbai Consulate is sending my petition back to USCIS for further review & possible revocation & same was rec'd by USCIS in April 2011

My case was reaffirmed by USCIS in April 2012 & My employer rec'd original reaffirmed petition & send me the same

I had send a copy of reaffirmed petition to mumbai consulate & asked for further process ?

I had rec'd diff emails from VFS -mumbai

1. Check for Ceac barcode number on mumbai website daily for pending applications

2. To reschedule a new appointment with the mumbai embassy

3. Embassy will contact me once they rec'd reaffirmed petition from USCIS

I am in confused state & don't know wht to do ?

It is almost around 18 mnths ever after getting my petition reaffirmed & still waiting

Pls Guys give suggestions ......

5.5 months?! I'm in a similar boat.. My petition got reaffirmed a month ago and same replies from Vfs and consulate - PIMS not updated.. My employer's attorney is following up with the consulate though..let's see how that goes!

Did your employer/ attorney do some sort of follow up? Can PIMS update be expedited at all?

Did your employer/ attorney do some sort of follow up? Can PIMS update be expedited at all?

They are not doing any follow up with the consulate, I am doing it. They are in the process to involve a Senator. I don't have answer for PIMS expedition. As far as I know USCIS is like any other Govt. organization and they take there own time for sending the cases to KCC. Did your attorney/employer had any success in contacting Consulate?

@DontWorryBeHappy did u get the reaffirmed petetion in hand now?.How did you know your petetion is reaffirmed?

My employer received the soft copy of the reaffirmed petition first and then a hard copy after couple of days.

All,

My attorney told that he is helpless in contacting consulate directly, also he is not sure that if I can just go to the Chennai consulate for re-interview.

One more thing that is bothering me is the Consular District rule. I have been out of job and staying in AP at my hometown for the last 9 months. Since my State of Residence is Andhra Pradesh for the last 6 months or more. Am I eligible to take an appointment in Chennai consulate?

One more update is that my employer put an online request for an appointment to talk to a Senator and waiting for their response.

Experts, I appreciate if you can throw some light on this. Thanks in advance.

@DontWorryBeHappy you can email the chennai consulate requesting for the reinterview mentioning you are in chennai and whould like to attend at chennai, if officer agree you can attend for the interview at chennai otherwise got to wait for Hyd to respond. Approahing a Senator is good option but they might not do much help expediting but better follow up from the consulate.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived