Successful H1B Stamping @ Ottawa- EVC- No Client letter.

rareone

All...

Interview @ Ottawa, Canada 17th July @ 9 am...

E-V-C Model....No Client letter....But had email confirmation from the client manager...

There were 3 Visa officers today....Chinese guy, 50-55 yrs old American Uncle...and 35-40 yrs old American guy (looked a newbie...from the way he was asking....)

Mine was American uncle

Questions like

• What do u do?
  • Since when are u with ur employer?
  • Since when are you with ur existing client?
  • He then went through the employer letter, vendor letter and email confirmation from the client...and popped a question like...Why do client have vendors in between

I said: Since the client have preferred vendors...they like to go through those channels only...He too agreed..!!!

• And then the golden words. ...I approve ur visa... :)))

I also managed to overheard other officers questions while I was waiting for my numb..

The questions were:

What do u do…Which company…Do they pay on time…Do u have any problems with ur company, What is ur designation/ What do u work as….Whom do u report to and how…and how frequent?

All the best folks.....Just be confident...

congrats.. what kind of email confirmation you got from client manager? did they ask to show that email confirmation?

Thxs..:)

I got an email confirmation from my client stating that I work for them through a Vendor and stating my job role and responsibilities...

The Cashier guy (on Window 7) asked after seeing my I-797 that do u have any vendors and end client. My answer was YES...Then he asked for my employer letter, Vendor letter and client letter or any email conversations...etc...

Thxs..:)

I got an email confirmation from my client stating that I work for them through a Vendor and stating my job role and responsibilities...

The Cashier guy (on Window 7) asked after seeing my I-797 that do u have any vendors and end client. My answer was YES...Then he asked for my employer letter, Vendor letter and client letter or any email conversations...etc...

The difference between the client letter and your email is the letter head. Your email clearly states whatever you need it in the client letter, so I guess that convinced the VO to approve your visa.

Really, yours is one of the rare cases.

@Ra: I got my passport on the evening on 18th itself. I got a email from Loomis that they have picked up my passport from the consulate but is NOT ready for pickup and will mail later when it is ready to pick up within 48 hrs. The email had a Waybill nbr...I still went to Loomis @5 and checked. They had my PP.. I took it and came to US the same night. Don't wait for pick up mail from Loomis. Go check it out @ Loomis center.

@Ra: I got my passport on the evening on 18th itself. I got a email from Loomis that they have picked up my passport from the consulate but is NOT ready for pickup and will mail later when it is ready to pick up within 48 hrs. The email had a Waybill nbr...I still went to Loomis @5 and checked. They had my PP.. I took it and came to US the same night. Don't wait for pick up mail from Loomis. Go check it out @ Loomis center.

All,

Below is the email I got it from my client...My client thinks that I am a employee of the Prime Vendor...

"This is to confirm that CLIENT has contracted the services of BRADD PITT as a Senior Software Engineer as per contractual agreement between CLIENT and PRIME VENDOR to perform the following duties:

- Involved in Data gathering meetings with the Business and Stake holders.

- Involved in creating Technical Assessment about the current environment.

- Provide production support to users.

- Involved in Migration of systems.

- Involved in System Integration and UAT testing.

I am the CLIENT supervisor of Mr. BRADD PITT, his employer at PRIME VENDOR is responsible and retains all control over his employment including not limited to the right to hire, fire, pay, supervise and control employee’s performance.

Thanks and Regards,

Mr. Supervisor,

Client

Address,

Phn:

Email:"

The difference between the client letter and your email is the letter head. Your email clearly states whatever you need it in the client letter, so I guess that convinced the VO to approve your visa.

Really, yours is one of the rare cases.

I dunno abt my case being rare or not...My client refused to give a client letter on their letter head...But I managed to convince him to give a email confirmation....True....The contents in the email were similar to the letter I was planning to get..:)

I have seen many folks don't manage to get the client letter on the letter heads....But u can try getting a email confirmation from ur supervisor....Print it and take it with u at the intrv....Even the visa officers know tht some clients dont give client letters to contractors...

And even if client refuse to give email confirmation then its upto u how u convince the Visa officer that u r indeed working for a particular client.....ex: Photo copy of ID, email exchanges between u and ur client, Work reports, work logs...etc..

Give ur best..May everyone get their approvals... :))

Archived