Canadian Visa- Newyork Consulate- 1month and still waiting

jay999

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. i sent the couple of emails in this week , so far i didn't recieved any reply from consulate. I called them and lady on the phone says that they dont have any information or can't provide any status about the case. It's really sucks with the canadian Visa.

It seems like getting Canadian visa is more difficult than getting H1b Visa Stamp. One of the worst process i ever seen. no application number..,no status update.., no tracking. i sent couple of email this week and also sent fax to counsler ofc yesterday. the lady on the phone advised me to do so.

This is horrible... I don't know how far NY is for you. Did you asked if walk-in is possible after submitting by mail? Or do u have to book an appointment as you have already mailed your application? Any other idea to expedite your case?

I have e-mailed them regarding my application status but got a standard reply and its is not yet 30 days for me.

I appreciate you for posting updates. Keep us posted.

Jay999,

I mailed my docs to the Canadian embassy in NY on June 13th and they received it on June 15th , my MO was cashed on 20th June and my visa was issued on 28th June , but they posted back my docs and PP on 11th JULY. So even though my visa approved they did not sent it back ASAP rather they posted it after 2 weeks so i suggest pls check the status of ur MO, whether its cashed or not and depending upon that u may atleast know whether they started processing ur application. Thank You.

Hi Folks,

I mailed my docs about a month ago and got my visa/passport in the 3rd week. Unfortunately there is no way to track it much.As mentioned by someone before, checking the status of the MO atleast assures that it has reached the consulate. I guess, you have to be really patient with the Canadian visa as well. Good luck.

Kaushik

You can approach ****** who all are not able to make in person and required Canada stamping in short time. We got the Canada visa in 2 weeks after I sent my PP. Got the visa until PP expiry for Multiple entry. Please search in Google for **************** more information.. and go to Visasa -- Canada for more details..

***************** html

This is very good one. Couple of my friends sent their pp's to this agency got them in 1 week. From June 18th, it's taking 3 weeks duration. Make Sure you have all the relevant documents to submit. Any way if you miss they will call back for the missed documents.

Hope this is helpful!

Hi All,

Thank you all for you valuable replies. Its been 38 days and still waiting for my passport. But Finally, I recieved a positive response from the consulate. i got a reply to an email that i sent to consulate on July 13th. The VO replied me today after 10days as

" we have finalized your application for a canadian temporary resident Visa.

You passport and documents will be mailed to you shortly. we ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information".

Once again thank you all for your postings. i will keep you posted.

Thanks

Jay

Jay Thanks for your updates..

Even I got a reply from Consulate with respect to my email I emailed them regarding my application status on July 18 and they replied back to me yesterday...

"...We have finalized your application for a Canadian Temporary Resident Visa.

Your passport and documents will be mailed to you shortly. We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information...."

Hopefully I should receive my passport in next week.

Archived