Successful H1B Visa Stamping @Vancouver July 16th

aryareddy

My H1B Visa is approved succesfully @Vancouver on July 16th.

Here is my background

F1 --> 2008 graduate in Elec Eng

H1B started from 2011 Oct

H1B Amendment done and started from April 2012

Model: EVC

Visa appointment time: 10:00 AM

Here is my experience

Went to the embassy at 8:45 AM. At the entrance outside the building asked for H1B(I-797), DS 160 confirmation, and passport. They verified and gave back to me, asked me to keep any phone/ electronic devices in locker and asked to stand in the line to go to counter 1 (Floor 1).

Then they started sending people to counter 1, it took 35 - 45 min to go to counter 1. Before reaching the counter 1 there was security check like in airport.

After reaching the counter 1, at counter 1 she asked for DS 160 confirmation, H1B, Passport and a Photograph and gave me a token number and asked me to take seat in the same floor.(If you do not have a photograph, you can take a photobooth on the same floor. It costs 10 Canadian dollars. You can pay with credit card i guess).

After 2 min she called and gave back the documents. On my DS 160 she wrote some thing (Pls see

CEAC (this was not present on one of my friends and was present on the other friend)). I was waiting to go to 20th floor where the finger print and visa interview happens. Approximate wait time was 20 - 30 min.

My number came, i went to the 20th floor and was seated.

Number was called for finger prints at counter 3, gave the finger prints and went back to take my seat.

Number was called for the visa interview at counter 4.

Here is my interview

Me : Good Morning

VO : (Lady) Good Morning.

Me : Gave H1B, DS 160, Passport

VO : Asked to give my left hand finger prints.

Me : Gave my finger prints.

VO : Who is your employer.

Me : XXX

VO : Did you work before on OPT?

Me : Yes

VO : What is your role?

Me : Programmer Analyst

VO : What do u do for your company?

Me : I explained some responsibilities

VO : Who is your client?

Me : YYY

VO : How do you communicate to your employer.

Me : Will mail weekly status report, Have on call meetings twice a week where we discuss about the status of the task of previous week and next week.

VO : Where is your client located?

Me : City, State

VO : What is your Highest degree?

Me : Masters

VO : What is the major?

Me : Electrical Engineering

VO : Was scrolling thru the system for more time and asked I129, LCA and Paystubs.

Me : Gave the documents, paystubs for last 1 year. She went thru all the pages of I129, LCA and paystubs.

VO : What is your pay?

Me : My current salary is aaa. (My salary is greater the LCA mentioned salary).

VO : Asked my W2.

Me : Gave my W2

VO : Scroll thru the sytem and entered something and finally said "Your Visa is approved".

Me : Thanks. Have a great day.

Need to pickup my passport which may take 2 - 5 days. And will update you about that status.

Friend 1: EVC, Approved. (With same VO)

Friend 2: EVC, Approved. (With different VO)

Person before me: Chinese, FullTime, Approved (With same VO)

Everything is good in Vancouver, Pls try to have all the documents and your comapny background adds more advantage (i am guessing).

Thanks, pls let me know if you have any questions...

Archived