On F1-OPT & family filed GC

Hi,

I am in USA more than 3 years. I came here on F-1 and right now on OPT very soon my company will file my H1. My Sister is in USA and she is US citizen. She filed my family and my Green Card in 2010. Now I need an advice and info what is the procedure if your family files GC for you and you are already in USA. Would it be faster if you are already in USA? Should I file my GC by employment? I have done my Master in USA.

Plz reply

Thanks,

Generally, an individual can pursue a green card through both a family-based filing and an employment-based filing. However, which option is potentially faster and other issues relating to these filings will depend on your specific circumstances and your short-term and long-term immigration goals. Therefore it is advisable to speak to a qualified U.S. immigration attorney directly. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived