GC Eligibility for 16 yrs education (12+3+1)

shaan887

Hello Everyone,

Please let me know if I am eligible to apply for EB2 category or not.

My Details:

1. Education: 12 + 3 (Bachelors) + 1 (PG Diploma) = 16 years

2. Experience: 8.0 years - With current employer for the past 5 yrs (2 yrs are in India & 3 yrs in US)

My employer doesn't process GC and I am planning to move to diff. employer.

Thanks,

Shankar

Usually the qualification for EB2 is Advanced Degree, and I am not positive if Bachelors + 1 yr diploma will satisfy that requirement.

Secondly, it is not your qualification which qualifies you for EB2, it is the job requirement which if stated as needing an Advanced Degree, qualifies it for a EB2 category.

Hi Shadan,

Thanks for the response.

Regards

Shankar

Usually the qualification for EB2 is Advanced Degree, and I am not positive if Bachelors + 1 yr diploma will satisfy that requirement.

Secondly, it is not your qualification which qualifies you for EB2, it is the job requirement which if stated as needing an Advanced Degree, qualifies it for a EB2 category.

• 3 weeks later...

Buddy, the requirement for Eb2 category is Advanced Degree (Masters or higher) or Bachelors + 5 years of work experience. Else, your case will automatically be leaning toward EB3. Please note that 5 years of experience should NOT be gained from your current employer. If you are moving towards a new employer, you should thoroughly be satisfying the requirement for EB2.

However, it is subjected to employer discretion as well. Few employers are not willing to apply under Eb2 category for various reasons (maybe reduce attrition). Please note - its the requirement framed by your employer for future employment that should get categorized under EB2. You can technically hold the qualification of Eb2, however the requirement opened by your employer requires a Bachelors + 3 years experience to do the role, the position will still be applied under EB3 category.

I would also let you try for EB1-C (multi-national manager category), if you have managed teams off-shore and have worked in off-shore location for some time. Check with your attorney on the specifics for EB1-C category. Good luck.

Archived