Which one to go?

priyakanthi

Hi

I am in my 6th year with I-140 approved more than 6 months. My 6yr term ends by Feb 2013. My current contract with client ends by Dec 2012.

My client has decided to go with one BIG vendor instead of maintaining multiple small vendors and all new contracts will be with the BIG vendor from now on. Client wants me to join the BIG vendor and work through them. For it to happen I have to wait till Dec 2012 for the current contract to be completed. Client is not ready to break the current contract as it’s unethical. Informing this change of vendor in client place to my current employer shouldn't back fire me. He shouldn't start to monitoe me and also can revoke my I140. Will he be able to do something like that?

Please help choose the best option for me from below:

1. Is it safe to wait till Nov/Dec 2012 then join the BIG vendor, will I have problems with my H1B transfers as I will have just 2 months in my 6yrs. I will be able to get the client letter and my project will extend for 2013 too.
  2. Or should I look for a new job and move to a new employer and transfer my H1 with I140 approval. This seems to be a lesser risk as I have 6+ months to play around the transfers. But getting a job in this market condition is also not that easy.
  3. Or initiate my H1 extension by Sep with current employer and extend the date from Feb 2013 to X date and wait for the current contract to end and move to BIG vendor. The down point will have to do H1b extension without client letter, which is also risky.

Your valuable comments can help me take a big decision. Thank you for your time.

Archived