L1 to H1 Transfer Process

Sat2006

Hi,

Currently I am on L1 visa from X company and my wife is on L2 EAD in Y company. We have approved H1 B visas from A & B companies resptly and those are vaild from 10/1/2012.

Here my question is, how we can move from L1 to H1? For this do we need to apply for change of status? Or once we join in A & B companies, then automatically our status will be changed from L1 to H1?

Can you please help to understand the process?

Thanks,

Sat.

Hi,

Currently I am on L1 visa from X company and my wife is on L2 EAD in Y company. We have approved H1 B visas from A & B companies resptly and those are vaild from 10/1/2012.

Here my question is, how we can move from L1 to H1? For this do we need to apply for change of status? Or once we join in A & B companies, then automatically our status will be changed from L1 to H1?

Can you please help to understand the process?

Thanks,

Sat.

It depends on how your H1 was filed.If your H1 was filed as a change of status then you are automatically on H1 from 10/1 and you have to start working with the h1 employer from that date. (Check your I797 , if it has come with a i94 at the bottom then it was filed as COS).However if the H1 was filed as CP , then you have to get the H1 stamped and re-enter the US on H1 visa.

Archived