H1B 221 G : consulate asking for Supervisor contact details

supercoolsandy

Hi all

I attended the visa interview at Hyd and got a 221 g white form. The sheet was checked with Needs admin processing. Now consulate has sent an email asking for the Supervisor details ( client contact address ) , but due to the delay in the visa , the client has moved on and not willing to give out the contact details. So I am in a dilemma as to what should i do now. Should I tell the consulate that the client has moved on and I will be working on a internal project at my employer's location .. or is there another way to get through this ..any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks In advance

Hi all

I attended the visa interview at Hyd and got a 221 g white form. The sheet was checked with Needs admin processing. Now consulate has sent an email asking for the Supervisor details ( client contact address ) , but due to the delay in the visa , the client has moved on and not willing to give out the contact details. So I am in a dilemma as to what should i do now. Should I tell the consulate that the client has moved on and I will be working on a internal project at my employer's location .. or is there another way to get through this ..any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks In advance

Discuss this with your employer. See if you can get a new client & mention those details. If not then I think your employer needs to mention that they need you for an internal project. Hope this helps. Good luck to you...

Should I tell the consulate that the client has moved on and I will be working on a internal project at my employer's location

"Internal project" is a known code-word for "on bench." A sure way to a denial.

You would have to have a client project waiting for you.

That's not true always. It might be the case for consulates in india.

Gone those days when you can get visa stating the work as "internal project". USCIS can visit the site location at any time and going with the OP, his/her company doesn't have enough infrastructure resources which can support "internal project" work environment.

Coming to consulates, all the consulates are same so it's a case for all the US consulates irrespective of location.

That's not true always. It might be the case for consulates in india.

In general, consulting companies don't have "internal projects."

And a company that develops a product in-house for sale would have a business plan, sales brochures, etc.

Hi Shashi,

I had similar expereience with stamping at hyd consulate.At

the end of it, he gave my passport back and said that he would present the

case to USCIS and wait for the response from USCIS.He said that it would

take about a two weeks.I was not given any 221g or anything .Kindly share

your experiences.That might help me.

Thanks,

Kiran

Archived