Travel on EAD and Advance Parol


Recommended Posts

Generally, when an individual is in the U.S. pursuant to a pending adjustment of status petition and has received an advance parole document (often the EAD combo card) that individual needs to return to the U.S. prior to the expiration of that travel document. If however the GC is approved while the individual is abroad they should enter with the green card. If it is approved while in transit to the U.S. the individual can request to be paroled into the U.S. CBP will sometimes allow the individual to enter but request they return to the port of entry with the green card so they may update their systems. To discuss this in more detail it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.