221g- White at Ottawa, July 10th

hn2605

I got 221g - White at Ottawa yesterday. Any idea how long will it take to get approved ?

My case : F1 to H1, first time, on EVC model, did my masters from US and have all the documents with me including client/vendor letters.

VO told that my application needs further review. I honestly don't know the reason. He took my original I-797, Original Client/employer/vendor letters, Copy of I-129, LCA, Paychecks.

Do any one has similiar experience/situation ? How long will it take ?

I cann't stay longer in canada, will lose my job.. :(

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks !!

Hi ,

I am in the same situation , i was issued 221g yesterday. I am working on EC model , my client didn't provide any client letter so was expecting this anyhow. Client will provide me a letter only after they get an office RFE from USCIS , so waiting to hear back from them.

Could anyone please let me know how much does it take. Any phone numbers / email to know my current status would be helpful

Thanks!.

Hi,

I was in the same boat in last december and my 221g cleared in 4 working days. My client received an email on employee employer relationship and he replied to that email on the same day. That email contains set of questions and needs very clear answers from your client. If your client is already received an email better get that email and provide your inputs by asking your employer and vendor.

Hi,

I was in the same boat in last december and my 221g cleared in 4 working days. My client received an email on employee employer relationship and he replied to that email on the same day. That email contains set of questions and needs very clear answers from your client. If your client is already received an email better get that email and provide your inputs by asking your employer and vendor.

In my case , none of the documents have any official email / contact details related to the client. So how would they contact my client ???

@hn2605

First of all 221g white form is not a denial. Dont worry. Even I have received the same letter after the interview.

After that, they mostly will verify your employee-employer relationship with the client.

Here are the questions:

Who (you/preferred vendor/petitioner) supervises the applicant, and is such supervision off-site or on-site?

1.) If the supervision is off-site and performed by the petitioner, how does the petitioner maintain such supervision i.e. weekly calls, reporting to the main office routinely, or site visits by the petitioner?

2.) Who has the right to control the work of the applicant on a day-to-day basis if such control is required?

3.) Who determines the direction of the project?

4.) Who determines the applicant’s daily activities?

5.) Who provides the tools or instrumentalities for the applicant to perform the duties of employment?

6.) Who hires, pays, and has the ability to fire the applicant?

7.) Who claims the beneficiary for tax purposes?

8.) Who provides the beneficiary with employee benefits?

@Cuser2011

rajender.sg@gmail.com

@akk2006

When I gave my client letter to the officer, it has my manager phone number, email ID and office address which is why they emailed my manager directly. I am not sure how it works in your case.

I am also in the same situation. I had interview on July 11th in Vancouver and got 221g white.

My Status is from F1 -> H1 and been with my client and employer since 2 years. VO will very cool and VO asked very general questions like

1. Who is your empployer?

2. What did you do?

3. Whats your major in Masters?

4. Who is your end client?

5. How do you report your employer?

The VO took all my pay stubs, w2, Client letter, Labor and I-797 documents and said it may take 2-3 weeks as they need to review further.

My Client has not been contacted yet.. I am struck in Vancouver.

Please let me know if you guys any update on your case?

@Crazynlazy,

Thanks for your post, this is surly helpful.

In my case answer to 2,3,and 4th question is client. and rest is my employer, is that a problem, if client replied the same. ?

Thanks !!

Except 3 every thing else is your Employer. That way you could see the complete control with your employer

@ akk2006 -

Any updates ? has your client been contacted ?

None in my case. please keep posted.

Thanks !!

My case is totally different.I didn't had a client letter and hence no client contact info. Employer did send couple of mails to the consulate and waiting to hear back from them. I am really worried as to how much time its gonna take

Except 3 every thing else is your Employer. That way you could see the complete control with your employer

Thanks, I will contact my Client and try if they agree to reply the same, but problem is no body have contacted my client yet.. kind of worried now. :(

My case is totally different.I didn't had a client letter and hence no client contact info. Employer did send couple of mails to the consulate and waiting to hear back from them. I am really worried as to how much time its gonna take

HI, what email ID your employer is sending emails... ??

Hi,

Did anybody who attended the Ottawa consulate on 10th July 2012 for h1b stamping received their passports yet after successful stamping ? I attended on the same day, the VO mentioned Visa application is complete and PIms information is missing. He said i wil recive a email very shorlty when the process is done. till now i havent received any communication from embassy. is there any one who is facing the same issue ?

Thanks

Did any one of above had H1 petition rejected or RFCs for the first time in all the above cases even though your Petition is approved for second time? The reason behind asking this is one of my friend who was interviewed recently in Vancouver got 221g and has been waiting since one Month. He has a RFC in 2008 and then his H1 petition got accepted for 3 years, but the VO said they need to review his case about the RFC...

Archived