WH4

Shruti1983

Hi Group,

I am planning to leave my employer because he charged employer tax from me for 2 and half years. My friends suggested me to get the money I paid in employer tax back after filing WH4. What is the best way to file WH4, should I file it when I am working for him or I should file it after leaving him and joining other employer.

Please suggest. Thanks alot for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Often, you can't change jobs until you have filed a WH4, because if a person has been out of status due to the H1 violations, only the WH4 can get the person back into status.

Also note that a WH4 can only be filed for complaints about violations up to a year back.

Besides this WH4, also report this H1b violation to ICE. Google it to know more.

You may also complain to IRS about this fraud.

These complains are necessary to make sure that you had taken appropriate and timely action about this tax and H1b violations done by your employer. You failed to complain, you are an accomplice to these fraud activites.

"I am willing to file WH4 not because of out of status thing but about getting my employer taxes. Do I still need to stick with him to file WH4? What if he cancels my H1 if I file WH4 against him."

=> So, you are happy being out of status, being called illegal immigrant?

Seems like you don’t wanna have career in USA.

Google "retaliation not allowed employer employee workplace".

Learn more: http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/employment-law-and-human-resources/wrongful-termination-laws-illegal-reasons.html

Search "WH4 pdf <statename> DOL". Know what is this used for!

Archived