H1B RFE approval time

siva121

Hi ,

I applied my h1b visa and went to RFE on march 20th 2012.I submitted documents and they received my documents on may 27th 2012...till now my visa status now changed..and review process..

I saw some sites approval time ref is max 60 days,but for me it crossed already 60 days.

Please any one guide me ..what to do next...

Hi ,

I applied my h1b visa and went to RFE on march 20th 2012.I submitted documents and they received my documents on may 27th 2012...till now my visa status not changed..and is in the review process..

I saw some sites approval time ref is max 60 days,but for me it crossed already 60 days.

Please any one guide me ..what to do next...

Hi Siva,

What is the status of your visa now? As per your post it has not yet been 60 days after your RFE is filed. In end of July it will be 60 days.

For me also My RFE was filed on May 21st, 2012 and status is still "RFE Review" after 51 days. I am expecting to get it by 20th July.

Regards,

Mohit

Hi ,

I am in a similar situation. My rfe response status was updated on the USCIS website on Apr 3rd 2012 . it has been more than 90 days now but i have not received any response. I tried callin USCIS but they are giving the same update which is on the website.

Any idea how many more days will they take or if we can contact anyone directly who can give us the actual processing time.

This is really frustrating because they are taking forever to process H1 application. I got RFE after 6 months of applying and now close to 4 months after RFE response. I cannot afford premium processing fees. Please help me with your valuable suggestions.

Last time I got my H-1B visa (extension for years 4-6), it took 6 months to process (Vermont Service Center) in accordance with the processing times listed on the USCIS web site. You can check current (recent) processing times for the specific petition / form number at the applicable service center on the USCIS web site as a guide. Unless your wait has been notably longer than the listed processing times, all you can do is be patient and wait it out. There is no one that can be contacted to give the actual processing time. (Maybe someone else knows if the processing time 'resets' after an RFE is issued and a response submitted back.)

Thank you. But it is really frustrating that they are taking so long to process. It will be almost a year since I applied for H1 (applied in Sep 2011). I am not sure if going for Premium processing is a good idea at this point in time since its almost 4 months after RFE response.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I too am in a similar situation. Applied for H1 on Oct 21, 2011 (regular processing from Vermont Center). RFE issued on Feb 17, 2012. Responded to RFE on May 25, 2012.

Still waiting for approval. Worse part is that the online status is not updated also. It shows RFE issued.

Asked employer to contact USCIS, which he did. Employer has said USCIS has confirmed that they received the RFE response by Fax.

What should I do in this case?

Archived