Approximately 17000 Pre-Adjudicated I-485 Cases

MIGO

"The DOS reports that, as of the end of June 2012, requests have been made for visa numbers to accommodate 17,000 pre-adjudicated I-485 cases in the EB2 category. These are cases for individuals from India and China, as well persons from other countries who have priority dates after the January 1, 2009 cutoff date established in the July 2012 Visa Bulletin"

I don't understand the above statement in the today's article posted in murthy.com. It is kind of a vague statement which is driving me nuts.

Are these pre-adjudicated cases taking all the filings into consideration that have been filed till date for EB2IC ? Or only those with PDs on or before Aug-2007 for EB2IC?

Because as of May-2012 inventory report there are roughly '600' EB2C and '4500' EB2I pending with PDs till Aug-2007, I wonder how it jumped to 17000 in just 3months ??!!

Do you NOT remember the "retrogression"? A ton of folks filed for adjustment and they ran out of visas so many "otherwise approvable" I-485s got stuck on a shelf awaiting a visa. Those are some of them. (Perhaps nearing the end of the retrogressed cases?).

Archived