My experience at Vancouver

HelpMeForum

Hello Forum,

My interview was straight forward with a couple of simple questions and documentation with good employer record.

Process was like this Security check > then to Counter 1(they 'l take your passport photo, passport, Ds160, 797 ) here you will be given a number for the interview > to 20th floor where the actual interview happens.

Waited 1.5 hr at 1st floor for them to call me appx 21 appointments before me.

Went to 20th floor for interview. Counter 3 they will take your finger prints.

Waited for 10 mins here, finally lady in Counter 4 called me for the interview. (There was another guy taking the interview at counter 6, heard that he is very strict and any document missing will result into a 221g, but on that day he was approving everyone, may be every one was good with documentation)

Interview:

Me: Hello

VO: Hi

I gave the docs to her. Kept my other docs ready..

VO: Have you done masters in US?

Me: Yes

VO: Where did you do your masters?

Me: XXXXX

VO: Are you working at clients place?

VO: Who is your client?

Me: XXX

VO asked for 129 and LCA. Gave them to her

VO:How long have you been working with this client?

Me: 6 months

VO: Did you had any other clients before this?

VO asked for client letter, gave it to her.

VO: names othe previous clients?

Me: XyZ and ABC (I had LCA changed for all the clients and H1 amended for the client i'm currently working with, some say that I don't need to amend but my employer was too careful )

VO: how long with the curent employer?

ME: x years

Vo: Before that you worked in OPT?

VO asked for my W2s and Paystubs, I gave them to her.

Verified the taxable income and the amount on my recent paystub etc., I dont know what else she was scanning through.

VO looked at the computer, was typing something for a minute. Did not even look at me then said 'Visa approved' then gave a print out of the instruction for the waybill number.

Came out and now i'm waiting for the passport. . I'm lucky to get such a simple interview. I planned it well. My employer has clean record. I'm on H1B E V C model. Client + Vendor + employer letter

good luck.

One important suggestion .. do not answer more to the question, just speak to the point. If you add a word extra here and there.. would lead yourself to grilling.. sincere advice.. as I did not knew this when I came there.. thanks to the roomies at vancouver who helped me realize this.

Archived