Successful Stamping in Vancouver on July 27th

SunnyWgl

Hi Guys, I have attended my h1b visa on 27th july at 830. Me and my friend had on the same day. We both got our visa approvals.

I did not see any another h1b candidates, On friday couple of other friends had successful h1b stamping .

Below was my entire process, which is bit tense...

Took my appointment 2 months back and submitted my application two weeks prior to my appointment. Before submitting I took at least ten printouts to check if I have given the correct info.

On 25th July eve, When I am referring to DS160 i found out that my ssn is listed as NA. I was tensed thought to cancel my appointment. I called 1-877-341-2441 and asked to update my info. She said to submit a new application and call them back so she can port old application Id with new one.

I had to call them next day, since when I started application its already in closing business hrs(till 8PM est). I had my flight early in the morning on tuesday, I called them when I reached halfway and updated it. Iam glad, it went smooth.

Stayed in Days Inn... 1 block away from Consulate office.

Big day

Morning me and my friend went for the visa. had the security check, went to 2nd floor where the person took my passport for verification. She wrote something on my confirmatio page, checked with my friend he did not have anything highlighted. Asked her about it. She replied it is just a note to VO.

After 15 mins of wait, called for 20th floor; had my finger prints. and waited for my number.

Counter 4: Male VO...Duration: Close to 20 mins

Me: Good Morning and gave my passport, 797 and confirmation page

VO: Good Morning

--for 3-5 mins of silence, looking for my old visa.

Me: I have my old passport, please let me know if you need it?

VO: Will ask if required.

VO: Who is your employer?

Me: BB

VO: What do you do?

Me: as a cc, am invloved in blah blah....

VO: Do u work at your employer location?

Me: no at client location

VO: who is your client?

Me: AA

VO: where are they located? can I see ur I129

Me: EE (Client and my company located in same geographical area)

VO: Client Letter?

Me: gave

VO: Did you work for another company before this?

Me: Yes in -- state.

VO: Y did u change the company?

Me: For better opportunity and blah blah

VO: Did you go to school in US?

Me: Yes, -- in cc,oo(I am currently working in the same state where I did my master's)

VO: Did u live in another state expect cc state ?

Me: prior to coming here I lived in EE state.

Vo: how long you been working with your present employer?

ME: Little less then 1.5 years

VO: with Client?

ME: Same

VO: How much you make?

Me: base $$A

VO: asked for W2?

Me: Gave last year w2(present company and old company)

VO: How come you made $$B from last year with current company?

Me: I said $$A is my base salary with bonus it made to that amount.( VO was scrolling the computer and might be seeing my DS form thoroughly)

VO: Asked for my Bank Statements?

Me: Gave last two statements. he went though it thoroughly.

VO: Your visa has been approved and collect your passport through Loomis. And hanged my documents and a way to track the passport.

I was so relieved. My friend was waiting just next to my counter. His one lasted for 5 mins with 2-3 questions.

next day evening my friend received loomis email but I did not receive. I received it finally after 2 hrs.

next day we picked up our passports.

At last POE at Vancouver(POE from Canada happens in Canada). Officer called me and stamped everything and said we cannot find you and that made me nervous. Check for my visa name matches with passport. Called three other officers to check.

Finally one of the officer asked me to come into inspection area. She made me sit in the area and came back in 2 mins and took me to other counter and which went on smoothly.

lady said that, the other computer is having problems.

Bottom line, be confident you will enjoy the success and can explore vancouver. Take ur light jackets...

Thanks,

Sunny

Archived