Regarding payroll on H1B when we are on home country trip

trs

Hi,

I have finished my masters and currently, I'm on H1B status working from past 2 1/2 years with the employer. I do have H1B visa stamping. I have a plan of going to my home country, can you please let me know whether I have to run payrolls during this period. Can you also let me know how many months I can go for a trip (max duration I can go). My employer is saying that, I have to run payroll from my pocket during my trip.

Thank You in Advance!

You don't run payroll. Your employer does.

And your payroll has to be for real, not some fake stuff where you are paying the employer back. That would likely be a felony. DOn't ever think about doing something like that.

Now, you can get a leave of absence when you are going abroad.

"can you please let me know whether I have to run payrolls during this period'

=> What do you mean by run payroll? This is your employer's job.

" I have to run payroll from my pocket during my trip."

=> Your employer is a fraud. Running payroll and returning back/ cash to employer is considered as money laundering, one of the biggest financial terrorism in USA. USCIS and ICE are actively hunting these companies and participants. If you have done this and want to have career/ life in USA report immediately to ICE and local FBI office. You failed to report means you are partner in this illegal activity. Search for mail fraud, wire fraud, H1b misuse and learn those.

If you are out of USA, you are not on H1b status and no need to get paid. Any doubts/ questions, let us know.

Archived