Need help to make a decision

Hello,

I was a H1 holder before I was given a 221g and I am stuck in India. Now, i have got a marriage proposal where the girl is a H1 holder and her green card is processing. She is expecting her green card anytime in the next 6 months. Can some one please advice what my options are? I mean i have thought of so many different scenarios, I am not sure what is best.

1) We get married, I get my H1 and go to US and work. I guess this is simple scenario. I get a GC when she gets hers???

2) We get married, I dont get my H1, i go to US as H4 and get my GC when she gets her GC???

3) We get married, and she gets her GC. I dont want to take the H1/H4 route and stay back in India? What are my options then?

4) She gets her GC and then we marry and I am still stuck in India, what are my options then?

5)She gets her GC, we get married but I am in the US on my own H1? Will I get a GC?

I know my questions may sound silly..but this is an important decision for me. Our families seem to like each other and the girl's family seems to like me.

I am just trying to see what will make my life easier. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

please consult a lawyer.

it is up to you to decide which is the best case for you.

to answer some of your questions, you are eligible to apply GC as your spouse's derivative if you got married before she gets her GC. once she gets her GC (and you are not yet married to her), she will need to file a petition under F2A which is about 2.5 years of wait time as of the moment, and in this scenario, you will need to have your own NIV status (ie your own H1) to remain in the US.

Hello,

I was a H1 holder before I was given a 221g and I am stuck in India. Now, i have got a marriage proposal where the girl is a H1 holder and her green card is processing. She is expecting her green card anytime in the next 6 months. Can some one please advice what my options are? I mean i have thought of so many different scenarios, I am not sure what is best.

1) We get married, I get my H1 and go to US and work. I guess this is simple scenario. I get a GC when she gets hers???

2) We get married, I dont get my H1, i go to US as H4 and get my GC when she gets her GC???

3) We get married, and she gets her GC. I dont want to take the H1/H4 route and stay back in India? What are my options then?

4) She gets her GC and then we marry and I am still stuck in India, what are my options then?

5)She gets her GC, we get married but I am in the US on my own H1? Will I get a GC?

I know my questions may sound silly..but this is an important decision for me. Our families seem to like each other and the girl's family seems to like me.

I am just trying to see what will make my life easier. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Archived