H1B Stamping - Toronto - June - FTE - Approved - Brampton

rsmb41

I went for H1B and H4 stamping in Toronto this week Monday.

Monday - Early morning Interview for H1B and H4

Tuesday - Evening Email from Loomis (around 7 PM) with waybill number.

Wednesday - Passport Ready for Pickup in the morning. Picked up the passport in the afternoon.

Questions - H1B

- How long with the company

- What is the title

- Salary

- Have you been with same location since you started

No questions to my wife on H4.

VO- Everything looks ok, your visa is approved.

Hi rsmb41,

Congrates for your VISA, Since How long you are working as a FTE? because recently i got the FullTime With the Same Client,I was working with Them as a contractor for 3yrs.

I am planning to go for visa stamping to canada, in the month of SEP.

Can you suggest.

Hi,

I'd like to share my experience as well. I had my H1B visa interview on Monday, June 25 2012 at the Toronto Embassy.

I was asked the following questions:

1. What company do you work for?
  2. What do they do?
  3. What is your designation and what do you do for them?
  4. Do you like the job?
  5. How big is the company?
  6. What is your highest level of education?
  7. What is your salary?

I was not asked for any documents besides passport and I-797, both of which were retained by the VO after the interview. The VO informed that my visa is approved and said it'd be available in 3-5 days. I received an email from Loomis on Wednesday evening, stating the passport was picked up from the consulate. I picked up the passport at the Markham Loomis location at 8:30 AM on Thursday (28th June).

Parked my car in the parking lot across the Simcoe Street entrance.

There is a self operated photo booth inside the Toronto embassy. It'd cost you CAD 10, in case you are asked to take a newer photo. I was asked to get a new set of photos by the prelimnary document collecting VO, as she deemed the photos were older than 6 months.

After I got my notification from DHL on Wednesday, I started looking for return flights from Toronto to Boston. I found that 1-stop flights to boston from the Pearson airport started at $550. Non-stop was starting at about $750. I found that there is another airport, Toronto City (Billy Bishop) Airport. From there, Porter Airline flights to Boston were $250 for a non-stop flight. That was an awesome rate. So I dropped of my rental car at a Budget car rental location at 40 Blue Jays Way (there was no drop off fee even though I had picked the car at the Pearson Airport), and from there took a $10 cab ride to the city airport. That airport is awesome and is a breeze to pass through security, and they have a wonderful lounge. Note that you do have to take a ferry (2 minute ride) that takes you to the boarding terminal. Ferry is of course free of cost, and there is one every 15 mins. By the way, Porter had no baggage check in fee, which I found awesome as well. For your information, another option I considered was driving down to Buffalo and from there taking a flight to Boston. That would have worked out quite inexpensive as well, but this was more efficient for me.

Good luck!

Regards,

Srinath

I went for H1B and H4 stamping in Toronto this week Monday.

Monday - Early morning Interview for H1B and H4

Tuesday - Evening Email from Loomis (around 7 PM) with waybill number.

Wednesday - Passport Ready for Pickup in the morning. Picked up the passport in the afternoon.

Questions - H1B

- How long with the company

- What is the title

- Salary

- Have you been with same location since you started

No questions to my wife on H4.

VO- Everything looks ok, your visa is approved.

Hi,

I got my H1B , H4 approval already and it will start from Oct ' 2012. Now I am on EAD. I am planning to have visa stamp from Toronto. My F-1 and my wife F-2 visa l already expired. It would great support if someone can reply the following concern:

1. What type of visa do I need to have entry in Canada?
  2. Do I need separate DS-160 form for me and my spouse?
  3. Is it possible to take my car and go directly from my USA location? I am not far away from the consulate office.
  4. What can be expected duration to stay for the whole process?
  5. How much the hotel may cost in Canada for the staying duration? ( I am ok with some US hotel cost $60 / day)

Thank for the reply.

Archived