Surname blank in Indian Passport

coolwk

Hello

My H4 visa got approved recently and I travelled to India last week. My problem is I dont have a Surname in my Indian Passport. My whole name is written in the Given Name section. ie A(First Name) B(Middle name) C(Last Name) is written in Given Names section and Surname field is left blank. Actually C(Last Name) has to be there in the Surname section. It was a mistake in my passport.

I really want to correct the name issues before I go for stamping H4 visa. What can i do now?? Can I get my passport corrected at this stage? I am asking this because my H4 is already approved and the name written in my H4 approval notice is like ABC, No Name Given . If I correct the Surname field in passport and made it C(Last Name) in Surname section will it affect my already approved H4 visa?? OR What are my options?

Thanks

Hello

My H4 visa got approved recently and I travelled to India last week. My problem is I dont have a Surname in my Indian Passport. My whole name is written in the Given Name section. ie A(First Name) B(Middle name) C(Last Name) is written in Given Names section and Surname field is left blank. Actually C(Last Name) has to be there in the Surname section. It was a mistake in my passport.

I really want to correct the name issues before I go for stamping H4 visa. What can i do now?? Can I get my passport corrected at this stage? I am asking this because my H4 is already approved and the name written in my H4 approval notice is like ABC, No Name Given . If I correct the Surname field in passport and made it C(Last Name) in Surname section will it affect my already approved H4 visa?? OR What are my options?

Thanks

Two things. First, it doesn't matter if your surname is blank, you can always write FNU while filling any form for visa.

Second, as Jack mentioned they will cancel your current passport and will issue you a new passport, although you can attach your cancelled passport with new passport and you can use the visa stamped on cancelled passport. It won't affect you anyway.

Choice is your's. Just keep in mind these days it is taking too much time while gettng a new passport in India.

Archived