Filling for GC from New Consulting Company..

Hi There,

I'd switch my Employer from xyz company to new company and I'm currently on OPT status and my H1B got approved from my New Employer and its starting date is Oct/2012 and at the same time i'm thinking to Applying for GC from my New Employer before that i have concerns in my mind.

1. what are the factors that we need to consider to start GC process from the New Employer to get it successful, Since my New Employer's company is established in 2011 and he hardly got some 3-4 Consultant including me does the year of establishment and number of consultant matter the GC approval process .

so in-short how to select the good company on basis where GC should be smooth and successful. ?

Thanks for your guidance in advance.

The company would have to show that they can pay the salary even if they don't have a project for you.

Kind of hard if it is a new company. A "normal" startup has venture capital, and a business plan to develop and sell a product. Consulting companies don't have that, so unless the company has lots of financial reserves, it is unlikely that a GC through them would get approved.

Find a better employer.

Archived