Problem while filling the Immigration Document's

sandy.0581

Hi All,

I have a very big and complicated situation right now. And I am confuse about it.

My OPT- Extension is expiring on July 10th 2012. And I already applied for H1 B through one of the consultancy.

And they just moved my application to premium processing today.

To do the premium processing my employer asked me to get the client letter. And I told my manager that I need a client letter for H1 B extension(as he know that I am on H1 -B so he is agreed for giving me client letter for H1 B Extension).

I know its gonna take top 2 weeks to get the result may be lesser. But Suddenly my manager at client side came to me and took me to the interview room for Interview without any notification.

And he said I had cleared the interview and I am on H1 B so I should not have any problem for signing the document and they would like to take me on - board asap. And they gave me some paper work.

Now as I told they gave me some paper work to get me on - board and in that form they asked me to fill all my details including my Immigration Status and expiry date.

So I am confused what should I write?

My thoughts:

1) EAD & Expiry date: July 10th 2012(original status and expiry date)

2) EAD & Expiry date: Sep 31st 2012 (till that time I am on cap gap & H1 B start on Oct 1st 2012)

3) H1 B extension and Expiry date: July 10th 2012 (The Problem is its a Immigration matter and I can't lie and If I do so they might ask me about my previous H1 - B approval letter or H1 B doc as well as the extension receipt number too. And I don't have any. And its a kind of Fraud. More chances of loosing the Job by writing the wrong info).

So I was thinking does my manager will know ever whatever I am writing in the document?

As I know all the visa and other stuff usually handled by another department. There might a possibility my manager will never know about this. And HR Managers they don't care about that I guess not sure.

Please let me know asap as I have to fill the document by tomorrow End of the day.

Please suggest me what to do at worst case scenario?

--Thanks a lot for your help.

"To do the premium processing my employer asked me to get the client letter. And I told my manager that I need a client letter for H1 B extension(as he know that I am on H1 -B so he is agreed for giving me client letter for H1 B Extension)."

=> You faked your resume and your work experience. Remember faking resume is a felony and punishable crime in some states.

I doubt if you get any help in this forum.

" And its a kind of Fraud"

=> It's not "kind of Fraud", it IS fraud. If your employer came to know about this fraud, you may be charged for 'Mail Fraud', 'Wire Fraud' and 'False Statement in Immigration Matter'.

Maximum punishments are as follows:

• Mail Fraud: 20 Years in Prison and a $250,000 fine
  • Wire Fraud 20 Years in Prison and a $250,000 fine
  • False Statement in Immigration Matter: 10 Years in Prison and a $250,000 fine

Please wiki these frauds and learn more. Ignorance is not bliss.

Any doubt, let's know. ATB.

To learn more about above please visit too: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=da75d676b6b6f110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=a2dd6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Dude, you cannot come to this forum to get advice on how to lie on paperwork. One lie leads to another, you know you have done whatever, but do not tell another lie to cover one up, just go talk to your manager and tell him the turth, may be a milder version that you were inexperienced in immigration matters and got ill adviced in doing what you did. But make sure you set your record straight, see you cleared the interview, so you have got the stuff they are looking for, god willing your manager will understand, and you would have things done the correct way.

I am pretty sure you wish to stay with this company and would like to file GC with them, so it is always advisable to have a clean slate and prevent future bigger mess.

GoodLuck!

PS: I am just not preaching, I have a friend who came clean with his manager, though the manager was upset in the onset, but he understood and now he is a regular employee and the company also filed for his GC.

"you were inexperienced in immigration matters and got ill adviced in doing what you did."

=> Ignorance is not an excuse. Ignorance is bliss.

The OP did know what s/he was doing while faking resume. S/he is going to be on H1b a specialty occupation visa, s/he is adult enough to choose from right and wrong.

I am just not preaching, I have a friend who came clean with his manager, though the manager was upset in the onset, but he understood and now he is a regular employee and the company also filed for his GC.

=> First provide false information and then cry for mercy. This leads to make an overall bad impression for the whole particular nation. This practice should be stopped.

So I am confused what should I write?

You have to write the truth and nothing but the truth.

Any further lie will kill your career in the US, and will eventually result in you getting permanently banned.

Never never never lie on such things. It will always come back to bite you.

The sooner you come clean the better it is.

And in the future, make sure you don't even think about lying.

Archived