Need Advice...!!!

anu_963

Hi,

I am in India working for an IT company I am not Technical but in Sr. Position. Company filled my L1A petetion in April as PP but due to some error it was denied by USCIS, our attorney suggested that we should file MTR (Reconsider) because as per law what they mentioned it was not correct, we filled MTR on June 1st still the status shows under process. Now as a backup option my employer filled my H1B on 2nd June it's status is also Initial Review. I have to go to US in July with family, My spouse and kid has B1 valid 10 years multiple visa.

My question is.

If i travel on B1 visa in July what is the risk involve in this, say if i get either L1 or H1 approve which most likely either of this will get through (God can't be so cruil with me), My company says they will file Change of Status as i am Internal Employee of company and not working for any customer there should not be much problem or worst case i have to go to canada and get the stamping done. I have 14 years of exp, and i am on sr. position working for current company for last 5 years.

I need advice from you guys, though i know i am taking a risk but question IS IT BIG Risk or is it okay i should go with wind..

Please advice.

Actually if you have B1/B2 visitor visa, then you can travel to US, when your H1B gets approve return to India and get it stamped.

Technically you can go to any US emabssy to get your H1B stamped, but lately there are delays in the H1B processing, under such circumstances do you really want to be stuck in a foreign country?

Plus going to Canada is again another VISA stamping, its not like you can go to Canada on US B1/B2.

Archived