H1B Filed with PP based on I-140 - 6 yrs completed. No receipt yet

Priya_sudha

Hello Friends,

I am going to complete my 6 yrs of H1B in Aug 2012 . I have approved I-140 based on which I filed my H1B petition for extension .

Its more than 2 weeks now , I haven't received receipt yet .

Is their any delay going on with USCIS - I think with in 2 weeks I should be getting the status of my case .

Thanks/Priya.

The USCIS has recently indicated a delay in issuing notices for I-129 petitions. The employer should monitor when the filing fee checks are cashed, as this will be an indication that the petition was received. The employer or attorney of record can also follow up with the USCIS service center if the receipt notice email and/or original receipt notice does not arrive within 30-60 days of filing.

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks for your reply.

I filed in Premium Processing . As per USCIS , I think I should be receiving status of my H1B with in 2 weeks .Its more than 2 weeks now , i haven't received any update from USCIS .

As you said, its being delayed if its a regular one but since I am processing in PP - i think I should be receiving with in 2 weeks right.

Thanks / Priya

"As you said, its being delayed if its a regular one but since I am processing in PP - i think I should be receiving with in 2 weeks right."

=> 15 days starts from the receipt date given by USCIS not the actual date of receiving at USICS. USCIS is taking 2-3 weeks for everyone (regular and PP) to issue the receipt date. Once your receipt (date) is issued, your PP clock starts from that receipt date. Before that you don't have any benefit for PP.

USICS knows that if they can't provide you any result (approval/ RFE) in 15 days they would have to return the PP fees and still take the case in PP, so they delay the issuing of receipt itself.

Archived