DS 160 for H1B Visa.

darshinim

Hey,

I am currently in US working for the last 1 year and intend to travel to India to get my H1B stamped. My petition was been approved last year.

In the DS 160 form, under Home address -which address should I provide?

Indian address or the US address?

What about the phone numbers?

Also does it matter if my permanent address on the passport differs from the Indian address that I provide?

Let me know!

Thanks!

"In the DS 160 form, under Home address -which address should I provide?

Indian address or the US address?

What about the phone numbers?

Also does it matter if my permanent address on the passport differs from the Indian address that I provide?"

=> Because you are in USA for more than 180 days you are resident of USA. Use US address.

Your India address may differ from PP address. No problem.

More doubts/ question, Let us know.

• 3 months later...

If I a have been in the US for more than 180 days and provide a US address as my "home address" as mentioned above. In the question - "Have you ever been issued a US visa?" there is a sub-question -

"Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?"

My previous visa (same class as my new visa) was issued in the same US consulate in India where I would be going to get my new visa stamped. However can I call it my "principal residence" if my home address is a US address?

Archived