How to withdraw H1 B petition

Goutham

Hi ,

Company A had applied H1 B for me in FY12 quota. When I attended the visa interview at Delhi consulate, I was issued 221 G . Now I'm in Company B, they applied B1 visa for me two weeks ago, even this was denied in the interview at hyderabad. Meanwhile Company B filed H1 B for me in FY13, to be on safer side I would like to withdraw the petition (221G issued in FY12). When I spoke to VFS they asked me to write an email, please can anyone tell me what should I put as a reason to withdraw my petition.

Please advice.

Thank You,

Goutham

"When I spoke to VFS they asked me to write an email, please can anyone tell me what should I put as a reason to withdraw my petition."

=> You cannot revoke petition, only your employer can do this. You can only revoke your H1b visa application. You don't need to give any reason for that. Just write: I don't need visa at this time. That's it.

Thank you Wiweg for your reply.

After writing an email to VFS to withdraw my visa application, is the petitin still valid. If I attend B1 visa inetrview after withdrawing the application , I hope the consular might not deny the B1 visa (dual intent) or will I still be under dual intent.

Thank You,

Goutham

Archived