First Time H1 B - Please, Guide

RGunda

"In fact, if you've filed COS & got approval I-797 with I-94 then it does not require stamping unless you leave the country & want to come back. So, no need to make special trip just for stamping.

Talk to proper attorney."

=> That’s true. I don't know why people GO for stamping. Actually its reverse, visa is needed to reenter in USA IF you go somewhere.

"if you have visa stamped .. then you are safe to travel with in the visa period .."

=> To get the visa stamped, you anyway need to travel :)

yes u r ture .. let me put it this way if you want to travel with very less risk in future ..

get stamped now take that risk now .. if you are not qualified then plan for another career or find another way ..

most of this kind of things are needed because of marriages ..

no body want to take risk at the time of marriage ..

Note :- i am referring to indian marriage system ..

"yes u r ture .. let me put it this way if you want to travel with very less risk in future .."

=> Thanks for reply. Well, a wise person delays the risk not reverse :)

If you are doubtful about stamping (EVC) better to procrastinate the stamping and meanwhile earn enough to become financially stable, and get prolonged work experience. If you chose to 'go for stamping' just after getting H1b status, obviously you don't have much history with same employer and not much knowledge about client, job description, client letter etc. The chances of getting 221g and finally losing the job are more. If you delay the stamping and only go when it's needed it would be easier to handle the situation.

People go for Canada and Mexico for two days and say to VO that they came there for their vacation. People are asking here for carpooling and hotel sharing and it’s for sure they are not interested to spend an extra buck to ‘visit’ these countries. VFS clearly mentions that first time H1b should be stamped only in home country but some people believe in “ignorance is bliss”.

"yes u r ture .. let me put it this way if you want to travel with very less risk in future .."

=> Thanks for reply. Well, a wise person delays the risk not reverse :)

hmm ..

if there is only one kind of risk involved i would agree with you ..

if multiple number of events depends on an event then i prefer to take that risk now ..

based on result of that event i will plan for other ..

i welcome u r response and i like to have conversations with diff with diff opinions ..

but i feel this place might not be a good to have them ..

Archived